Bad bike services

Zein

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes a heated conversation started and words were said from both sides.

This! Believe it or not I downloaded your app last week as I was contemplating making a purchase from your online store. The app didn't work (I'm not sure why ) so I proceeded to go online but didn't get a chance to finalise the sale. Now that i read that you render such pathetic service, your store will never see my money. Ever.

You sir, are in a customer service industry. Treat your customers with respect even if u feel that they are being the ****.

Eich !!!

No winners here !!

BB - shock - pivot - fork - I'm confused !

There are omissions on both sides here.

Sirs you are both losers.

OP did you buy the Trance new?

Won't make Friday.

Edited by porqui

Hmmmm on the fence with this one. 

Its a he said he said vibe... Also its a MTB, so what do I know. 

My only dealings with Bike Addict have been positive while ordering stuff online. 

Suggestion to Zein - Have a coffee with the Bike Addict okes, check out the CCTV for peace of mind if required. Then chat about having that rebound thingy mabob warrantied. 

Dont think any more hubbing going to help

Dont think any more hubbing going to help

Is hubbing always about helping.?

Or can it sometimes just be about entertainment value.? :)

BA's just become the best known small town bike store.

Regardless of the versions from either side there is once again a point to be made around the level of technical competency.

Most wouldn't take their car to an unqualified motor mechanic. Why would they then take their bicycle to an unqualified mechanic?

A national and international qualification for bicycle mechanics exists in SA. The customer should be asking "is my/the shop's mechanic qualified?".

Regardless of the versions from either side there is once again a point to be made around the level of technical competency.

Most wouldn't take their car to an unqualified motor mechanic. Why would they then take their bicycle to an unqualified mechanic?

A national and international qualification for bicycle mechanics exists in SA. The customer should be asking "is my/the shop's mechanic qualified?".

And I'm thinking bike shops can adopt a pre service inspection for damage like they do when you insure your car or book it in for a service. Just take note of damage and have the customer sign the form - it's a mission, but I think necessary these days to protect both the shop and the customer.

And I'm thinking bike shops can adopt a pre service inspection for damage like they do when you insure your car or book it in for a service. Just take note of damage and have the customer sign the form - it's a mission, but I think necessary these days to protect both the shop and the customer.

I think this might be something to consider. Not only to protect bike owners but the shops too from chance taking bike owners.

Being in the insurance sector, I regularly hear stories of people intentionally damaging their bikes in an attempt to claim and get new goodies. The people who are willing to do that are likely to also blame bike shops for damage they didn’t cause.

Disclaimer: Post not relevant to OP, just supporting message above.

Considering some bikes are worth more than cars it’s strange the industry hasn’t adopted this already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blame the real men Edited by Patchelicious

What? The ones with beards I assume ....

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

And only ride rim brake bikes with 8 gears, because new bikes are too soft for them