• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like entries still open.

argus not selling out?!!!

golden goose cooked?

Lots of factors play a part especially for guys up country. Flights, accomidation etc etc

golden goose cooked?

Not unique to the Argus - most events are suffering in the current economic conditions. Can name a few events that used to sell out a few years back that now struggle to do so.

Transbaviaans and Epic are the only events I noticed in the past year that is seemingly completely unaffected by the economic conditions.

Argus also need a few more years without the threat of day zero, riots, fires & storms to get the crowds back.

Not unique to the Argus - most events are suffering in the current economic conditions. Can name a few events that used to sell out a few years back that now struggle to do so.

Transbaviaans and Epic are the only events I noticed in the past year that is seemingly completely unaffected by the economic conditions.

Argus also need a few more years without the threat of day zero, riots, fires & storms to get the crowds back.

Economics definitely seems to playing a big role, and was even evident over the festive season too with the Cape seemingly a lot quieter than normal.

I think justifying a cycle weekend in Cape Town is becoming more and more difficult and that's before considering day zero and other influences.

golden goose cooked?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BriF40cH0N8/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=6ywkowiu7e1n

Times are tough, justification of a very expensive trip to the Cape for the out of towners is becoming harder and harder. Also take into account what the petrol price was when entries were being widely advertised as open. 

Don't think it sold out last year either to be fair. Give it 2 or 3 good years without shortening/cancelling and it will be back to its old self.

Times are tough, justification of a very expensive trip to the Cape for the out of towners is becoming harder and harder. Also take into account what the petrol price was when entries were being widely advertised as open. 

Don't think it sold out last year either to be fair. Give it 2 or 3 good years without shortening/cancelling and it will be back to its old self.

the proportion of gauteng entrants has recently been quite staggering. and ja, i guess it does add up to a pricey weekend if you've got wags and other coming.

maybe the Argus brainstrust need to do more local promotion to get the event full this year. Either that or they are quietly not pushing the open entries as charity entries bring in way more $$$$$$

Edited by juan pelota

Johandiv wrote - I have to sell my entry if someone is interested. Was super hyped entering for my first Argus, completely forgot my sister's getting married that weekend. Guess the Argus will have to wait another year.

Very inconsiderate of your sister - it's on a Sunday and wedding is probably on Saturday - just don't drink at the wedding, won't that be fun.

Edited by Waynemol

I'll probably be going down every second or third year. It's mostly been me and my son going down, sharing costs as far as possible, but even doing that, it still works out at about R6K per person.

My son just became a father, so his expendable monies are being eaten up by other responsibilities this year, hopefully we'll be going down next year again.

But, to those lucky enough to take part in about two month's time, may you have safe trips to whoever is travelling to CT, and those hopefuls achieve their goals and personal bests.