Intervals.icu interval detection and training tool

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not related to the website specifically, but more a tip for everyone (myself included) on how to structure our training sessiona:

On the last Fit File Podcast, they asked the coach of Rohan Dennis what is the number one mistake people make with their training.

His answer is that we simply don't do our easy days easy enough, which means we can't do our hard days hard enough.

Something we need to keep in mind.

"Just because you CAN ride hard on a a given day doesn't mean that you SHOULD."

Edited by Swift&Aero

Not related to the website specifically, but more a tip for everyone (myself included) on how to structure our training sessiona:

On the last Fit File Podcast, they asked the coach of Rohan Dennis what is the number one mistake people make with their training.

His answer is that we simply don't do our easy days easy enough, which means we can't do our hard days hard enough.

+1000, could not agree more.

There’s another theory that states that type of training works well for the pros and less well for the fun-rider full-time working class riders. I’ll find the podcast and share the link - I think it was a TrainingPeaks CoachCast episode.

Duplicate post

The podcast that talks about Polarized training, also mentioned that 4x 16 mins at 90% of FTP is better than 4x 4 mins at +105% of FTP.

https://podcasts.apple.com/za/podcast/trainingpeaks-coachcast/id1435395422?i=1000425136053

https://twitter.com/StephenSeiler

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Stephen_Seiler

For the “Time Crunched Athletes”

https://podcasts.apple.com/za/podcast/trainingpeaks-coachcast/id1435395422?i=1000436062420

Edited by Frosty

Hi David,

On WKO4, they have a feature called “match”, i.e. any effort >120% of FTP that is longer than a 60s. They actually show anything at 100% >FTP, but color them depending on the % above FTP.

As your software detects intervals, I would think this could be a cool visual to see - the number of matches burnt in that specific activity.

Are you be allowed to show these matches? I think it would be a cool feature to have. Or is it a registered/trademark/copyright that can only be used by Hunter Allen and Dr Andy Coggan?

Below is an example of a few matches burnt on a ride (race) last weekend.

adab22397559fa6dae7741ea63175842.jpg

Edited by Frosty

Are you be allowed to show these matches? I think it would be a cool feature to have. Or is it a registered/trademark/copyright that can only be used by Hunter Allen and Dr Andy Coggan?

Thats a cool idea. I doubt anyone would get away with trademarking "Match" (I suppose "Peleton" have been going after people using that word!) and I haven't see it on the TM list on their site. Tx.

Hi David,

On WKO4, they have a feature called “match”, i.e. any effort >120% of FTP that is longer than a 60s. They actually show anything at 100% >FTP, but color them depending on the % above FTP.

As your software detects intervals, I would think this could be a cool visual to see - the number of matches burnt in that specific activity.

Golden Cheetah has something similar

Hi David,

adab22397559fa6dae7741ea63175842.jpg

Zwift has the same feature but you get to see this in game, very cool feature.

post-68257-0-70667600-1582190284_thumb.png

Thats a cool idea. I doubt anyone would get away with trademarking "Match" (I suppose "Peleton" have been going after people using that word!) and I haven't see it on the TM list on their site. Tx.

Cool, so it’s going to be added to your list of things to do? [emoji3]

Hey David, Logged in a bout 2 weeks ago - its amazing man well done!

Hoping some top team buys it off you and you get filthy rich!

Anyway quick question. I did a Ramp test on zwift and the eFTP intervals.icu gave me was quite different to the FTP zwift gave me? Any thoughts?

Apologies if this is a stupid question or has been answered before.

Hey David, Logged in a bout 2 weeks ago - its amazing man well done!

Hoping some top team buys it off you and you get filthy rich!

Anyway quick question. I did a Ramp test on zwift and the eFTP intervals.icu gave me was quite different to the FTP zwift gave me? Any thoughts?

Apologies if this is a stupid question or has been answered before.

Ha ha, thanks!

Unfortunately Intervals.icu doesn't handle ramp tests specially which means the eFTP results from those might not be good. It just looks at your max avg power for 3 mins or whatever is best and not at the result of the test. I have an outstanding todo list item to recognise ramp tests to fix this.

Ha ha, thanks!

Unfortunately Intervals.icu doesn't handle ramp tests specially which means the eFTP results from those might not be good. It just looks at your max avg power for 3 mins or whatever is best and not at the result of the test. I have an outstanding todo list item to recognise ramp tests to fix this.

Ok no problem, thats great was just interested to know!

Amazing work, keep it up!

You can now use markdown and percentages of FTP or max heart rate in the descriptions of workouts. The percentages are replaced with watts / bpm values on view. For workouts created from completed activities (by dragging to the workout library) the percentages are calculated from the intervals (if any).

post-5083-0-15754200-1582372347_thumb.png