Hunting - yes or no?

leeubok

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...when done ethically and animals don't suffer.

No to canned hunting and trophy hunting.

I grew up hunting and shot my first Springbuck at 12.There were no vehicles and you had to walk and stalk and then carry what you shot out.

Then i started seeing more and more hunts where the animals were chased into an open area with 4X4 and basically slaughtered.

That's when i started bow hunting.Back to the good old days of tracking and need ing skill to get your animal.

At the end of the day there is less suffering to the animal on hunts than at the majority of abattoirs.

another thing which people tend to forget is that no wild animal dies peacefully in its sleep. its either ripped apart and eaten by another animal or it dies a slow death due to hunger or disease. Bearing this in mind, it cannot be said that dying by a gunshot is cruel, given the alternatives.

Hi. My opinion is that this is another one of those topics which, no matter what, is totally dependent on your own personal views and will have "valid" opinions both for and against. Further, no amount of discussion is likely to change anyone's point of view either. The only likely results are a bit of view sharing, some sparring and, after a while, we all go on with our lives regardless of what was written here.

Happy Friday!

Add it to the “don’t go there” list with religion and politics....

To go hunting something like an elephant or any big and dangerous game...do you need to have proven yourself by shooting smaller game first or can you just rock up and blast away as a total beginner?

To go hunting something like an elephant or any big and dangerous game...do you need to have proven yourself by shooting smaller game first or can you just rock up and blast away as a total beginner?

Yeah but doesn't work like that.Pay the money and you get taken to the animal.

Pump your brakes and don't put words in my mouth.

I never said that I was right, you will also note that I dont tell you what you should and shouldn't do. 

I however retain my right to call people who enjoy killing animals for the sake of killing animals whatever I like.

Patch, I have always enjoyed reading your posts. Usually you are the one to come in during a heated debate and talk some sense into people. I'm disappointed that you chose to not do that in this thread but rather resort to calling people you don't agree with names. 

Did you not say you can call hunters whatever you like? I'm sure you didn't mean you were going to give them flowery praises.. 

So I'm guilty of something that I haven't done simply because I said I have a right to do it.

I was also very clear on the type of hunter I have an issue with, the one who take pleasure in killing for the sake of it. Now, you took that as all hunter.

You asked me to engage rationally, which I have subsequently tried to do, but if you are going to keep putting words in my mouth, I am going to have to correct you each time, which detracts from what you say you are trying to achieve.

Edited by Patchelicious

You'd then have to control the lion numbers. They breed very quickly..

So what alternative do you think there are besides hunting?