The Veganism Thread

Odinson

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant wait for Odi to jump out of a box and admitting that he created Josh to troll us. There cant be any other explanation for this mess.

Well unless Odi has taken to filming the neighbours kids doing squats from behind, its probably not him.

So I am a bit lost here, sorry must be the age..... How does math become more or less difficult? Surely the rules are the same and the calculations are the same, or am I missing something?

Today they get to take calculators into the exam

These calculators are very difficult to use

Smirk ????

Well unless Odi has taken to filming the neighbours kids doing squats from behind, its probably not him.

what happens in Belgium stays in Belgium...

As a meat eater i'm gonna give it a shot

Thats great, I'm sure you will see the benefits of this diet within weeks.

So I hope a lot of you are thinking about Veganuary and are willing to at least give it a try. I subscribed to Veganuary this year and have been meat free since. It's been an eye opener discovering all the amazing vegan/vegatarian options out there. If you need some motivation to get started give this a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AYOViszK_A

Veganuary for the win.

So I hope a lot of you are thinking about Veganuary and are willing to at least give it a try. I subscribed to Veganuary this year and have been meat free since. It's been an eye opener discovering all the amazing vegan/vegatarian options out there. If you need some motivation to get started give this a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AYOViszK_A

Veganuary for the win.

Why does every pro vegan post have to be supported by some propaganda video.

Veganism is great. Don’t believe me. Here, watch this infomercial.

Not sure if this been mentioned here already.

Last week i was flipping through Netflix looking for something to watch - I eventually settled on "Game Changers"

Now i'm not vegan or even remotely vegetarian, hell I've even verbally bashed a few for forcing their beliefs down meat eaters throats in the past. But this movie gives a lot of food for thought - Excuse the pun - 

I think for a health and performance point of view its something i would try and i'm sure I would see the benefits.

I do however think changing to a plant based diet after growing up on an animal based diet could be challenging - I mean learning how to cook, finding ingredients etc etc. even eating out would limit your selections as most restaurants have vegan meals on offer the lack in variety.

The film hasn't changed my perception of vegans but it has changed my perception of food and what we should be eating. 

I saw it recently and also thought it was interesting.

There is a lot of criticism against it as well.

E.g.

Apparently the gladiators were overweight as this has an advantage when being cut - you cut a layer of fat rather than muscle / organs.

The middleman theory - animals can process and convert things we can't. If the middleman theory is 100% true then we should be able to survive solely on grass like cows. But we aren't cows.

Go check what that strongman eats in a day - I'm sure he takes supplements, e.g. vegan protein powder and probably B12.

Vegetables can provide the protein but generally you need more veggies than meat to get the same amount and profile, plus it usually comes with a lot more carbs. I'm sure with the right foods and amounts you can be healthy and perform well on a vegetarian / vegan diet. 

I think that minimizing your footprint on the planet is a good thing. Use less and waste less. Plastic is especially bad. The way we are living isn't sustainable ito resources.
Edited by Jacquers

Veganuary for the win.

First Movember, now Veganuary. That's a typo just waiting to happen ..

Edited by 100Tours

First Movember, now Veganuary. That's a typo just waiting to happen ..

Jan is such a great month to catch suckers ... I imagine gym memberships will also be selling well in Jan

Jan is such a great month to catch suckers ... I imagine gym memberships will also be selling well in Jan

Furbuary can be a hunting only month to balance things out. I hate these monthenisms or whatever.

Not sure if this been mentioned here already.

Last week i was flipping through Netflix looking for something to watch - I eventually settled on "Game Changers"

Now i'm not vegan or even remotely vegetarian, hell I've even verbally bashed a few for forcing their beliefs down meat eaters throats in the past. But this movie gives a lot of food for thought - Excuse the pun - 

I think for a health and performance point of view its something i would try and i'm sure I would see the benefits.

I do however think changing to a plant based diet after growing up on an animal based diet could be challenging - I mean learning how to cook, finding ingredients etc etc. even eating out would limit your selections as most restaurants have vegan meals on offer the lack in variety.

The film hasn't changed my perception of vegans but it has changed my perception of food and what we should be eating. 

That is exactly what I have been saying all along, shoving ideas down someone's throat will not convince them of anything. But a conversation around what is possible and how it helps makes people think twice.

If I show you a film about the benefits of a healthy, balanced, meat inclusive diet will you change your perception of food again?