commuting with a full face helmet

Sampaj

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a matter of opinion

its a matter of it will stop small impacts ie concussions etc .. might not stop a car/truck crunching your head . use it dont use it . 

I once completed an IronMan wearing a full-face during the TT. Don't let the haters hold you back. 

FULLFACE-1000x0-c-default.jpg

Remember to post some lekker selfies on the Commuter thread.  :thumbup:

Check those wheels - the Specialized force was strong in you. 

will save your pip tho .. lets not go there again..  no lid no ride  !!

if there is a pip to save of course.. you know the who Darwin thing.. or is someone going to bring up the point that other rode users will drive "safer"  around you if they see you without a helmet 

its a matter of it will stop small impacts ie concussions etc .. might not stop a car/truck crunching your head . use it dont use it . 

You are p!ss!ng onto the wind with the worm...

Rather just let nature take it's course.

"normal" helmet, full face helmet, mx helmet, no helmet - your head your choice,

As long as it is comfortable I don't see the issue - my only concern would be peripheral vision - don't full facers reduce this a bit? Probably not safe in traffic.

Try it and see.

"normal" helmet, full face helmet, mx helmet, no helmet - your head your choice,

As long as it is comfortable I don't see the issue - my only concern would be peripheral vision - don't full facers reduce this a bit? Probably not safe in traffic.

Try it and see.

Also makes it difficult to turn your head to see behind you. On long commutes you'll need bloody strong neck muscles, yes, you'll develop a one piece neck-and-chest like a rugby hooker.

• 3 weeks later...

IT HAS HAPPENED, I bought a Full Face,

5km commute (one way) - sea point to CBD. No hills, gentle cruise, on an SS with a full face. Shouldn't sweat too much...

Why??? The subtle art of not giving a F***

Christmas gift read.

Also makes it difficult to turn your head to see behind you. On long commutes you'll need bloody strong neck muscles, yes, you'll develop a one piece neck-and-chest like a rugby hooker.

Like on a Vespa / Scooter surely.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a family cycling in the spruit this weekend. The little kiddos were all on their various size BMX's and wearing full face helmets. Apart from looking very cool, I thought this was a really good idea for kids. I've never seen it before but I'm wondering if this will become a thing?

still maintain everyone should be rocking full face lids ... especially on the trails, xc, am, #enduro, dh ..... if you smash your face into a rock, even at slow speeds you will know all about it and your dentist will get a new S-Works.

for commuting .... if you are ok from a comfort level with ventilation, which you should be on a commute as you are generally going at a decent pace, then go for it.