Is this behaviour ok?

Quagga

Agree but not that far that you in the other lane.

That last light I do the same because of the taxis that normally half squash you against the pavement there, But him telling you to F&*K O$$ is just not cool.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think by stopping at all the stop streets and robots that will help you when a drunk drivers cuts across lanes or someone playing with their cell phone that takes you out?

Some sort of Karma thing?

Yeah bro.... I mean, just rob banks and be a **** because an asteroid might hit earth and kill us anyway...

Your argument is a sieve... it holds no water whatsoever 

Yeah bro.... I mean, just rob banks and be a **** because an asteroid might hit earth and kill us anyway...

Your argument is a sieve... it holds no water whatsoever 

Thanks for explaining the sieve bit

Finally, a lekker 'Moer Mekaar Friday' thread!   :devil:  :nuke:

I thought that the AXS thread was it, but it lacked substance and any real commitment.

It started too early, when I saw this thread title I knew this would be the chosen one for the day

I thought that the AXS thread was it, but it lacked substance and any real commitment.

I thought we started off well but then the "kumbaya - buy whatever you like and have peace with the rest"-enforcers took over

Does this thread reach its limit at midnight? Since it is Friday   :whistling:

forget "midnight" .... from 2 to 4 it is a free for all ... no rules apply ....

Also just read this whole tread. Took me the entire day. Read a bit inbetween appointments.

In all honesty this thread reminds me of the self rightoues moron who puts the bumper to bumper traffic in jeopardy every peak hour afternoon. From the bridge by the bakery all the way towards and up park road. This cyclists sprints down the left and down the right of cars. He does not even take a look at the cycle or even to bother to stop at a stop at a red light, mo braking, just flies through. He then heads down milner road doing the same thing as well as up krroboom road. Now instead of taking park road he could carry further on and take sandown road into Wakefield onto kromboom road cycle lane.

But basically you get guys like this who are a danger on the road just like alot of road users in various forms of vehicles.

These guys are not rational. Its pointless trying to reason with these people, they will continue. Get driven over, recover and go on and do the same again and again.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Strange, the rules don't state that they only apply during certain times of the day. . .

Not really a matter of perspective, more of right or wrong.

I stopped at a robots at 5am , gave guys enough time to plan them knocking me off my bike and making off with it.

While it may be right to do so, in certain areas like the one i live in, it's best to some up what's infront of you, even if it means "being wrong" by jumping the robots.

Having said that, i commute daily, and out of the 6-7 robots i pass through, there's 1 i jump on the pavement and "skip" the robot , turning left at the intersection

If you ride like a moron, get yourself run over but do not cry about it afterwards. You will not get any sympathy from anyone.

Problem is that bad behaviour by a selfish few reflects badly on all cyclists!

But sadly, that is the general state of our society at large.

+1

I often go far forward so all the vehicles know I am there and so I don't get cut off by people turning left + less fighting for space while trying to clip in when it goes green.

I do jump lights when its the safest option for me (on flat side of T-junction, turning left and nothing coming, no shoulder on other side of the light + nothing coming so better to get a head start on the traffic).

In Paris e.g. it is legal to skip red light as it is considered safer and more practical.  

I happen to have some scars on the topic of traffic lights. Some years ago I was standing at a red light, foot on the ground when the bakkie standing behind me drove off early and rode over my foot and scraped my leg - while i was still standing! According to him I had to watch where I was going. I had to nurse a gash in my leg for the next two weeks.

The bottom line is this: I have two eyes in my head, common sense between my ears and an innate sense of survival. These are features that traffic lights do not possess. I am courteous, stay out of everyone's way, am never a nuisance to anyone on the road and I do not have near misses. No one needs to slow down, swerve, or brake on my account. This has so much more meaning to me than following rules blindly like a sheep.

This argument will take you guys into old age and I can tell you now that none of you will win it - for sure! So while you guys spend your days arguing and getting flustered over what the other cyclists are doing on the road - I know what I'm doing at the next red light. I will always use my judgement to do what is safest for me in the given situation. :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: