Forthelove misleading, incorrect dodgy seller on bikehub

throttles

I usually request high res pics of the item. Sold something last week, received payment from Std bank account into my FNB account immediately, so not understanding the std bank issue here?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several Hubbers that I will gladly pay in full without inspecting goods beforehand and not worry for 1 minute about them not shipping it promptly and exactly as described. Once or twice I even got a little free extra, like a good wheel bag when I bought a set of wheels. I have also had someone offer to ship stuff to me to inspect before paying him, provided I would pay for the shipping. I paid him upfront anyway and the goods were even better than expected. Those Hubbers all have extensive and consistent positive ratings, they communicate well and do exactly what they promise, every time.

I cannot agree with this paradigm

I have sold and bought big ticket items to first time buyers and sellers without a history

The secret is to meet and do the deal

Never had a problem

I usually request high res pics of the item. Sold something last week, received payment from Std bank account into my FNB account immediately, so not understanding the std bank issue here?

You have an option to "force clear" payments, there is a small additional charge though. 

I cannot agree with this paradigm

I have sold and bought big ticket items to first time buyers and sellers without a history

The secret is to meet and do the deal

Never had a problem

I agree with you, it always best to meet and inspect, especially when there is no background.

I agree with you, it always best to meet and inspect, especially when there is no background.

I don't consider the background when doing a deal

I don't consider the background when doing a deal

Hi I'm forthelove and have a helmet to sell you.

mint condition,

totally negotiable

You keen?

Hi I'm forthelove and have a helmet to sell you.

mint condition,

totally negotiable

You keen?

Think he was making a joke, as in, the background of the location where you do the deal. Like: the view over the Atlantic Seaboard, or the cars parked in front of the local Checkers where you meet up with the seller...

Or I am imagining things and he is gung-ho with his money...

What a scam by Gary Smith from Sandton, hopefully that's his real name and people googling him from now until eternity pick up this thread. Only a scammer includes a letter saying how rubbish something is and that it's all sold as is after a deal is concluded, what a chop.

I'll bet you a zillion zim dollars the seller is also one of those tossers that's uses the logic "I paid R2500 for my Rudi glasses hence even being scratched up R650 is a bargain price". Despite the fact that whatever the price is they are essentially worthless, same with the helmet.

Gary Smith probably legit sells his used man panties on Gumtree, "barely been used", then sneakily includes a letter in with them explaining how they have a few holes and skid marks and that they are sold as is.

:D

PS - I have been in the situation where a person sent a VERY good forgery of a payment notification. For the next FIVE DAYS, this person harassed me to send the goods !! I stuck to my guns, and checked my bank account multiple times per day (before internet banking, so it cost me a wack of time and money in transaction fees to check and check and check ... all the while, while this individual got VERY aggressive .... When this person realized that I was not going to send the goods before payment cleared, the story changed, and promises were made to pay the next day, and then the next ... This mess dragged on for almost 10 days before the scammer got the message. So I for one have FULL empathy for the seller for the first days, until the payment showed on his side.

Yes, but your scenario is different, as you (seller) was being harassed by the buyer to try and get you to release goods before funds have cleared. Totally different story here.

Think he was making a joke, as in, the background of the location where you do the deal. Like: the view over the Atlantic Seaboard, or the cars parked in front of the local Checkers where you meet up with the seller...

Or I am imagining things and he is gung-ho with his money...

By background I am referring to how long on the Hub,posts and trading history.

This year I sold a smart trainer and a high end mtb to two guys who I think have never posted nor dealt in the classifieds.

Met at a convenient location,inspected the gear and did the transaction.

Everyone happy

By background I am referring to how long on the Hub,posts and trading history.

This year I sold a smart trainer and a high end mtb to two guys who I think have never posted nor dealt in the classifieds.

Met at a convenient location,inspected the gear and did the transaction.

Everyone happy

Thing is, both you and DJR have approaches that suit you individually. No right or wrong in this case.

Yes, but your scenario is different, as you (seller) was being harassed by the buyer to try and get you to release goods before funds have cleared. Totally different story here.

In my case, I didn’t ask once for him to send the goods.

I just told him that when it reflects and his comfortable he should send it.

Yet he was hellbent that I was committing fraud.

But I think maybe it was his own guilty conscience that got to him and began deflecting and directing it to me.