Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2A. Disappointed but not surprised.

This gives me a dilemma.  Having not ridden any races last year after the CTCT, I slip down which didn't worry me until your seeding.  My plan was always to fall back a few groups and try and cruise and enjoy the event.   I even contemplated the last group

But now I have a strong tandem I can use to my advantage from 2A....mmm might need a big chainring

Sarcasm not your strong point :whistling:

Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm not sure what the 2016 Thule catalogue has anything to do with the 2020 HoldFast products that will be on display at the stand?

I'm assuming that since seeding is already out, the Tour de PPA won't count towards seeding for this year's ctct?

I'm assuming that since seeding is already out, the Tour de PPA won't count towards seeding for this year's ctct?

Great assumption

well if you're a PPA member you can get reseeded according to the Tour de PPA result but I could be wrong

Family is split into different groups, anyone know the rules for starting together?

As long as you all start in your lowest group. E.g. if there’s three of you and your start groups are 1a, 1b and 1c, as long as you all start 1c, you’ll be fine. 

did the 99er last week in a time of 3:09, 

seeded in 1J for CTCT, what time possibly could i look at finishing in.

did the 99er last week in a time of 3:09, 

seeded in 1J for CTCT, what time possibly could i look at finishing in.

Add about 10 minutes if good conditions, 25 if breezy. (From my times)

Edited by Karman de Lange

3B 7:11

no idea how good or bad this is, as the only road event I have ever done was 94.7 in 2018

My missus is a couple of groups ahead of me. 

Seeded in 1B for my first CTCT... Highest seeding for a race ever.  :clap: 

Any CTCT vets got some advice for a first timer? 

How were the conditions last year? I see the 1B winning time was around 3:11. Is that a "normal" time?

I did a 2:47 on the 947 last year, what do you guys think is a similar time for the CTCT?

Seeded in 1B for my first CTCT... Highest seeding for a race ever. :clap:

Any CTCT vets got some advice for a first timer?

How were the conditions last year? I see the 1B winning time was around 3:11. Is that a "normal" time?

I did a 2:47 on the 947 last year, what do you guys think is a similar time for the CTCT?

There’s no normal time

Work on your 4-5 min peak power

Don’t wear a Camelbak

I had the intention of doing 2 laps this year. One as a race and the second as a joll with some sort of charity drive attached to it.

It seems though if you don't start in the first 5 groups or so then this is out of the question. The silly thing is that the main reason that this is ruled out is that the last start group isn't 10h00 like it used to be but 09h30 instead.

I'm 1E and say we ride a 3h15 then I'll finish at 9h47. Add on 5 mins to get back to the start and it's already 9h52. (My auditor has verified these numbers)

So I guess the efficiency of the new start area does come back to bite us in the end!