2020 Tour de France

pista

Louis is 28  now and I figured that he's got to start showing his ability again in 2020. There's still two more grand tours after the TDF but I'm starting to think that he just doesn't have it and those two good years was ....erm.....assisted. He reminds me of Cunego

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Louis is 28  now and I figured that he's got to start showing his ability again in 2020. There's still two more grand tours after the TDF but I'm starting to think that he just doesn't have it and those two good years was ....erm.....assisted. He reminds me of Cunego

I miss those years at Lampre.

TEAM INEOS Grenadiers for #TdF2020

Andrey Amador

Egan Bernal

Richard Carapaz

Jonathan Castroviejo

Michal Kwiatkowski

Luke Rowe

Pavel Sivakov

Dylan van Baarle

https://www.teamineos.com/article/ineos-grenadiers-set-out-grand-tour-plans-for-2020

Based on what we've seen the omission of Thomas and Froome is not a surprise

Well there is the answer to everyone's questions.

Bernal, Carapaz and Sivakov does make for a very strong top 3 in that team.

Ineos vs Jumbo Visma is going to be a good battle. Plus all the other GC contenders keeping them on their toes.

Well there is the answer to everyone's questions.

Bernal, Carapaz and Sivakov does make for a very strong top 3 in that team.

Ineos vs Jumbo Visma is going to be a good battle. Plus all the other GC contenders keeping them on their toes.

And the fantasy that Ineos was sandbagging can be laid to rest. Froome and Thomas just aren't good enough at this stage. I wonder when Geraint's contract runs to an end at Ineos?

Edited by DieselnDust

Andrey Amador

Egan Bernal

Richard Carapaz

Jonathan Castroviejo

Michal Kwiatkowski

Luke Rowe

Pavel Sivakov

Dylan van Baarle

https://www.teamineos.com/article/ineos-grenadiers-set-out-grand-tour-plans-for-2020

Yes not at all, this was going around at Dauphine that the team on day 3 had done a overhaul. 

Andrey Amador

Egan Bernal

Richard Carapaz

Jonathan Castroviejo

Michal Kwiatkowski

Luke Rowe

Pavel Sivakov

Dylan van Baarle

Ouch, no room for sentiment from Sir Dave. Wonder what they will do with Carapaz? He was always slotted in to defend his GC title and now he's a 2IC or co-leader at best? 

Kwiato seems a bit of the odd man out in that group but he has been putting on some solid performances. 

Wonder how Sir Dave will spin this decision. I'm guessing it will be 'all planned', no panic. 

And the fantasy that Ineos was sandbagging can be laid to rest. Froome and Thomas just aren't good enough at this stage. I wonder when Geraint's contract runs to an end at Ineos?

He signed a 3 year special at the end of 2018.  

Ouch, no room for sentiment from Sir Dave. Wonder what they will do with Carapaz? He was always slotted in to defend his GC title and now he's a 2IC or co-leader at best? 

Kwiato seems a bit of the odd man out in that group but he has been putting on some solid performances. 

Wonder how Sir Dave will spin this decision. I'm guessing it will be 'all planned', no panic. 

Watch the video posted above. He explains everything.

I think Carapaz will go to TDF and go with Froome as a co-leader in case he hasn't come right.

Bernal didn't look like he had the juice at the Dauphine.... He got dropped pretty hard a few times and had no answer.

Could they be playing the 'Landa' bluff for Carapaz again?

Missed that press link. https://www.teamineos.com/article/ineos-grenadiers-set-out-grand-tour-plans-for-2020

Honestly, Sky / Ineos / Grenadier have been getting more and more sucked into this CEO corporate approach with CEO titles, COO titles and interviews sounding more like the latest corporate buzz word bingo. I was listening to an interview with Sir Dave last week and he was going on about the way he's working wiht all different parts of the Ineos company and if I didn't know he ran a cycling team I would have thought I was listening to a Tony Robbins business type waffle as there was barely a mention of the sport or a rider in it while talking about the team in 2020. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

The best team for the job has been selected..no need for spinning we all saw that Thomas and Froome were not up for the task..plain and simple.

Watch the video posted above. He explains everything.

I think Carapaz will go to TDF and go with Froome as a co-leader in case he hasn't come right.

Bernal didn't look like he had the juice at the Dauphine.... He got dropped pretty hard a few times and had no answer.

Could they be playing the 'Landa' bluff for Carapaz again?

Carapaz is untried this season so far. He'll have to make it through the first week in one piece the way the peloton has been going thus far! I really hope he's got his racing eye in because its a very nervous protour in 2020. Must be all those disc brake locks up causing the crashes