Giro d'Italia 2020

Gen

Anyone notice the fencing at the finish?

I never noticed it until today, but I’m sure this should be standard for all races, as it definitely keeps the riders away from the spectators, especially in bunch sprints. No selfie sticks getting in the way.

4ab343b71d56092d3fd6040e0899be6c.jpg

Oh wow yes.. that's a brilliant idea..safer for riders and helps keep those droplets away.

Well done Giro

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey.. I just realised that the gap Sagan had at the top of that climb was almost the same gap he had at the top of the climb when he won Flanders at just about the same distance to the finish.

Sagan needs between 13-15sec with +- 12-13km to go to win.[emoji16]

(On this sort of course)

Edited by Gen

SAGAN the great. You'll never see okes like Bennet or Demare do stuff like that. One of his greatest victories ever IMHO. The drought may have made it sweeter(for me atleast). He hasn't been the same since his split from his wife, Lets hope this is what he needs to start winning again.

I'm not going to lie, to me Sagan looks super awkward on the bike at the moment. That victory and his class is undeniable, but he just looks really awkward.

For some reason it made me think back to Paul Gascoigne after on his last comeback after rehab. You knew he was class, you knew he wass magic, but that magic was really inconsistent and he just looked like he had 2 wrong feet half the time!

I'm not sure why with Sagan. His fluidity and grace seems to have been replaced with grunt and brawn.

Nice to see Louis upfront and working for Pozivivo.

didn't seem much help when he needed a wheel, DPoz wanted a new bike, and then immediately dropped him in the chase back.

well that's how i saw it.

I'm not going to lie, to me Sagan looks super awkward on the bike at the moment. That victory and his class is undeniable, but he just looks really awkward.

For some reason it made me think back to Paul Gascoigne after on his last comeback after rehab. You knew he was class, you knew he wass magic, but that magic was really inconsistent and he just looked like he had 2 wrong feet half the time!

I'm not sure why with Sagan. His fluidity and grace seems to have been replaced with grunt and brawn.

I have always thought he looks ungainly on the bike.Like its too small big for him.Its also his proportions that look odd

Mixed up this morning

Edited by Kranswurm

just wish I looked as awkward on the ball as Gazza and as cumbersome on a bike a Sagz. He always looks a bit too strong for a bicycle IMO

I do get what you're saying though

Edited by Waynemol

didn't seem much help when he needed a wheel, DPoz wanted a new bike, and then immediately dropped him in the chase back.

well that's how i saw it.

Louis was up their for a few kilometers before the flat.

Puzzled me why they did not change wheels or even bikes, they are similar in size.

Was perhaps not the greatest of help, for me as spectator was nice to see him upfront in the action than strolling in the back.

To me it shows intent.

My personal opinion is he will need to change to a super climbing dom if he wants a future in the pro tour.

Said that during 2019 season, looks almost to mascular and weird feet position.

As we've seen he is crafty enough to do some things on his own.. he needs his team esp during the early parts of the stages and then maybe 2 riders in the middle and hopefully Meintjes can't stick around when it comes to the high mountains to aid him..after that I think he will be able to stick with the guys on his own at the end of affairs.

I think he will do really well.

As for the teams future.. yes I agree I think it is tickets.

I see Riis is being quoted as Team Manager

Louis was up their for a few kilometers before the flat.

Puzzled me why they did not change wheels or even bikes, they are similar in size.

Was perhaps not the greatest of help, for me as spectator was nice to see him upfront in the action than strolling in the back.

To me it shows intent.

My personal opinion is he will need to change to a super climbing dom if he wants a future in the pro tour.

The team car wasn't far behind so makes sense to wait a couple of seconds longer for a bike/wheel and some assistance from Meintjes than swap bikes with Meintjes and have no assistance ..the bike/wheel change however was a mess the mechanic didn't know which wheel he also slipped and fell. It was not very smooth.[emoji2356] Edited by Gen

Will be interesting to see what tactics play out today. Whether Sagan will be spent from yesterdays effort or whether he will still be able to contend the sprints.

Will be interesting to see what tactics play out today. Whether Sagan will be spent from yesterdays effort or whether he will still be able to contend the sprints.

Sit-in, contest sprint, minimize losses... today is not in his favour w.r.t. Demare....

More opportunities for him in the future where he can then claw back larger amounts of points

Sit-in, contest sprint, minimize losses... today is not in his favour w.r.t. Demare....

More opportunities for him in the future where he can then claw back larger amounts of points

The run in to the finish is apparently very technical with the last bend apparently 500m from the end.

Positioning is key today...High placing would be Sagan's target today...

It could go eitherbway today... bunch sprint or an ambush from someone [emoji848]

Anyhow today it will be up to FDJ, Cofidos and UAE to do the bulk of the work.

I would really really like to see Gaviria take the win today [emoji1696]

Edited by Gen

The run in to the finish is apparently very technical with the last bend apparently 500m from the end.

Positioning is key today...High placing would be Sagan's target today...

It could go eitherbway today... bunch sprint or an ambush from someone [emoji848]

Anyhow today it will be up to FDJ, Cofidos and UAE to do the bulk of the work.

I would really really like to see Gaviria take the win today [emoji1696]

I love an ambush win from 1.5km out, ala Steve Cummings...

Sunweb to repeat some TDF heroics?