The toolbox thread

100Tours

I've got a Bosch Blue 12V drill, comes with 2 batteries and charger, that works very well. My dad @Porqui has a draw full of them that he uses in his carpentry business. Look around for pricing. Builders often actually has the best prices on them, got one for R998 about 12 months back from them. Price varies from R1000 - R1500, so look around for the best deal.

Thanks. I'm happy with my my Blue Bosch corded Drill after 12 years of solid service, so I would be happy to stick with the range if I can get it at that price. I will keep an eye out for specials.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hikoki is the new name for Hitachi.

He likely has A Hitachi, every electrician I know has one.

The place I'm at currently has two of the handheld ones, a grinder and a big ass drill (drilling walls).

I've looked up the handheld drills and they're fairly complicated, large steel chuck that's connected to this gear system and then the motor obviously. They all come with 5amp/hr batteries that last forever and the machines can use each other's batteries as well.

Thought about getting myself one then I saw the price, between 13k and 14k at most places I could find.

Hitachi and Hikoki might be the same thing, they look identical on the outside

He likely has A Hitachi, every electrician I know has one.

Nope, we have the exact same BOSCH units.

We have done enough projects together .... even swopped out batteries, so I KNOW he has the Bosch unit  :thumbup:   In fact, it was on his recommendation that I bought the first one.

This is the one

These 12V Bosch cordless tools are great. No issues being used all day, and battery life is impressive. Being lighter, they're also much easier on your wrists and other joints for prolonged use.

If you already have a corded drill, it's a no brainer. If it's going to be your only drill-driver in the house, I'd rather go for the 18V with hammer action for the odd drilling into walls. 

Hikoki is the new name for Hitachi.

Ah ok ... Scott Brown has mentioned Hikoki before as part of his exploration of power tools

A few more items to fill the toolbox

The wishlist is still quite long, but luckily for my wallet, stock availability is slowing things down.

What brand is that cassette jaws?

The wishlist is still quite long, but luckily for my wallet, stock availability is slowing things down.

Also just got my chain tool after destroying an eagle chain only to realise my chain tool wasn't 12 speed compatible and it destroyed the pins on the chain.

That chain whip looks good but I'm not sure about the price

Where'd you get the grease gun and what grease tubes would they fit?

Also just got my chain tool after destroying an eagle chain only to realise my chain tool wasn't 12 speed compatible and it destroyed the pins on the chain.

That chain whip looks good but I'm not sure about the price

I managed to break my trusty Shimano one that I have had for years - not sure what I did, but I totally wrecked it. This Pro one looks and feels good. I will try and make this one last a bit longer.

I ordered the SR-12 chainwhip, but CCS sent those pliers. Evobikes said that they wouldn't charge me the difference even though I insisted.

Where'd you get the grease gun and what grease tubes would they fit?

I ordered the Finish Line grease gun, but Evobikes didn't have stock.

This one says VP on the side and by the looks of things, is identicalaHR0cHM6Ly9pbWFnZXMucm9zZWJpa2VzLmRlL2dl

264905.jpg

Edited by splat