The toolbox thread

100Tours

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just why is Snapon so expensiive? Its Chromemoly just like Gedore ain't it? sure its made well , but 10x-100X the price of Gedore???

Would love to have some of those ratcheted spanners though.

nice, have you got a bigger medical box for the Landy?

couldn't resist :whistling:  

This is my bike toolbox, big enough for just about anything I could need, small enough to chuck in the back of the Landy (that has a toolbox many times bigger :D ) if we are doing an adventure somewhere remote.

nice, have you got a bigger medical box for the Landy?

couldn't resist :whistling:  

I do indeed, mostly full of Gedore tools, extra oil for motor and gearboxes, extra brake and steering fluid. Leak stop, gaffer tape, epoxy glue, cordless drill, pop rivets, tyre levers the size of your arm, tube, patches, roll of wire, cable ties, spare belt, spare filters.........too much to list, I don't want to break the internet! :D

I do indeed, mostly full of Gedore tools, extra oil for motor and gearboxes, extra brake and steering fluid. Leak stop, gaffer tape, epoxy glue, cordless drill, pop rivets, tyre levers the size of your arm, tube, patches, roll of wire, cable ties, spare belt, spare filters.........too much to list, I don't want to break the internet!

just a spare Landy

I fixed that for you.

:whistling:

Just why is Snapon so expensiive? Its Chromemoly just like Gedore ain't it? sure its made well , but 10x-100X the price of Gedore???

Would love to have some of those ratcheted spanners though.

just owning Snapon , Blue Point ,Beta or Stahlwille tools - says you know what you doing and how to do it :thumbup:  -   i remember my days as an Apprentice who made a point of buying a tool every pay day :thumbup:

i appreciate good quality tools :thumbup:  and tip my hat to those who know how to use them. :thumbup:

just owning Snapon , Blue Point ,Beta or Stahlwille tools - says you know what you doing and how to do it :thumbup:  -   i remember my days as an Apprentice who made a point of buying a tool every pay day :thumbup:

i appreciate good quality tools :thumbup:  and tip my hat to those who know how to use them. :thumbup:

I still have and use tools I made myself during my machine shop training days :) Don't own any Snapon it should be said, but I do love fine to0ls and I'd rather spend my tool money on Makita brushless cordless than such stuff as Snapon who's price I can not reconcile.for my use.

But look at Gedore nowdaze, of which I have plenty, quite a bit more pricey than the many no-name and random name brands of Chinese tools which themselves are not that bad, so Gedore can even be seen as an upmarket alternative, they are made well and do last, and good investment.

Edited by kosmonooit

I still have and use tools I made myself during my machine shop training days :) Don't own any Snapon it should be said, but I do love fine to0ls and I'd rather spend my tool money on Makita brushless cordless than such stuff as Snapon who's price I can not reconcile.for my use.

But look at Gedore nowdaze, of which I have plenty, quite a bit more pricey than the many no-name and random name brands of Chinese tools which themselves are not that bad, so Gedore can even be seen as an upmarket alternative, they are made well and do last, and good investment.

Gedore has always been a good brand. IMO Snap-on is over priced. 

King Tony is another really good brand of tools.

The one tool I still want are some ratcheting spanners........

Gedore has always been a good brand. IMO Snap-on is over priced. 

King Tony is another really good brand of tools.

The one tool I still want are some ratcheting spanners........

I would put Gedore sockets/spanners up against Stahwillie, happily got rid of the latter with my last landrover as they were all imperial

You missed out on the Pedro's tool sale for the ratcheting spanners, picked up a set for a bargain - that said not sure how good the quality is yet but I don't work them hard much anymore

Edited by geomark

I fixed that for you.

:whistling:

:D At one stage I had 2 of them. Even my friends joked about my "spare". Still regret selling the "spare" though :) 

I Have a couple of weaknesses and one of them is for quality tools.

I Have two toolboxes but this one has the tools I use more frequently and sees most of the action everyday.

My toolbox contains a mix of mostly Stahlwille, Gedore, Knipex and Wurth.

My bicycle specific tools are mostly Park Tool with a couple of others as well.

I Started buying my tools when I started working (I Was 15 at the time) so I've got a 23 year old collection that is still growing every now and then.

Only two things on bicycle I don't do myself, suspension and wheel building.

post-62204-0-18045600-1572350695_thumb.jpeg

post-62204-0-93215600-1572350715_thumb.jpeg

post-62204-0-55320800-1572350749_thumb.jpeg

post-62204-0-05087700-1572350768_thumb.jpeg

I Have a couple of weaknesses and one of them is for quality tools.

I Have two toolboxes but this one has the tools I use more frequently and sees most of the action everyday.

My toolbox contains a mix of mostly Stahlwille, Gedore, Knipex and Wurth.

My bicycle specific tools are mostly Park Tool with a couple of others as well.

I Started buying my tools when I started working (I Was 15 at the time) so I've got a 23 year old collection that is still growing every now and then.

Only two things on bicycle I don't do myself, suspension and wheel building.

That trolley is flipping sexy!