Jewbacca, a BMX, the CTCT and the SPCA

Jewbacca

https://capespca.co.za/donate/

> select "once off donation"

> Select an amount

> Fill in all the fields ( i used the first name for the CTCT2020 reference)

> Place order (at the end), this will take you to the Payfast page where you can select various payment options including CC

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be honoured..... 24 inch BMX can do pretty much anything with the right gear ratio.....  :ph34r:

Everest it is then.

:clap:

Damend ... I always knew it ... you are the Camel Man!

camel-guy.jpg

Umm no - that is an ebike !

Jewie does BMX. NOT(!!) e bike

Umm no - that is an ebike !

Jewie does BMX. NOT(!!) e bike

Umm no ... he would take a motorbike, add a stupid gear ratio and ride around the world with it, on the motorcycle tyres.

hahaha this has escalated quickly.

Look, I would happily line up for 2020 or 2021 Epic on a decent 24" BMX.

I'm happy to create a platform that starts now, and grows towards the 2021 Epic doing a few 1 day marathons, Atta etc in the build up.

I am however a small business owner and father and don't have buckets of spare cash to throw around willy nilly. If someone like Land Rover or Tata or Camel Cigarettes are happy to get behind the campaign to raise money for furry friends, I will smash it!

It's not savory but British American Tobacco always can't give their CSI money away. I do events and they are always banging on the door looking to sponsor anything and fulfill their targets. Not many clients will be associated with them despite them not wanting any exposure or coverage. Too much of a stigma for some I guess. 

It's not savory but British American Tobacco always can't give their CSI money away. I do events and they are always banging on the door looking to sponsor anything and fulfill their targets. Not many clients will be associated with them despite them not wanting any exposure or coverage. Too much of a stigma for some I guess. 

Well, I would wear whatever they gave me with whatever branding to raise money for the furry guys.

I have no issue with that.

Who do we speak to? Maybe we can make a mocumentary ad.... Like the old Peter Stuyvesant ones before a movie!

Your passport to smoking pleasure and animal rescue satisfaction!

I can ride my BMX while smoking and playing with doggos with exotic locations photoshopped into the background.... Isn't there a hubber who is really good at doing that?! Dewan!!!!

Well, I would wear whatever they gave me with whatever branding to raise money for the furry guys.

I have no issue with that.

Who do we speak to? Maybe we can make a mocumentary ad.... Like the old Peter Stuyvesant ones before a movie!

Your passport to smoking pleasure and animal rescue satisfaction!

I can ride my BMX while smoking and playing with doggos with exotic locations photoshopped into the background.... Isn't there a hubber who is really good at doing that?! Dewan!!!!

add in a side lottery bet for the number of S-Works epics you finish ahead of? 

Would actually pay to see the look on someones face getting passed by a BMX on even a 50k bike hahaha

add in a side lottery bet for the number of S-Works epics you finish ahead of? 

Would actually pay to see the look on someones face getting passed by a BMX on even a 50k bike hahaha

You should have seen some of the kit we dropped on Sunday!!!!

Smits, Chappies and Suikerbossie were my favourite. Crunching up there past guys on 150k Pinarello's in all the kit.... 

I was going to say, if I found a decent 24 inch disc BMX I would put money on not finishing last...  :ph34r:

I have a BMX for you ... but doubt the gear-ratio (and pedal size) will work for you. Maybe someone has a larger chainring and 1/2" axle flats laying around.

Regardless of whether you can use it, I'll donate it to the Tears Charity shop in Lakeside if you attempted the challenge.

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/bmx-bikes/391911/bmx-haro-f2

Dropped the backup BMX at the Tears Animal Rescue Charity shop today. ;) 

Well done Jewbacca, you are awesome!!!  :thumbup: 

post-20017-0-50808900-1583936961_thumb.jpg

MOD NOTE

Hi All

Can we please make sure all money gets paid to the Cape of Good Hope SPCA.

They have asked to use the reference CTCT2020

Done

Jeepers Jewie you started something here

Got such nice thank you email from the SPCA today...so i went and clicked on the link and had a look at all the doggies up for adoption...

My favourite, Barnaby

if only i could

post-182-0-02369000-1583957038_thumb.jpg

Yoh.. With a very spinny gear ratio and a few mechanicals I snuck home in 4:34...next year icantrysetthebikeup a but better an go for the sub 4!!! Thanks so much everyone, it was Such a jol!!!

cue AAAAWWWWWEEEEEESSSSSSOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE song!!!!!