Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I was privy to a very heated discussion between 2 cyclists at a stage race over the weekend on why Bill Gates was the ati-christ and why the vaccine was just another way the government was controlling us.... This was 2 middle aged, evidently quite well off guys who could afford to be at a rather exclusive bike race.

I was shook.

But ja, if you're a lightie then it sucks that you fall outside of the 6 week timeframe, but then R250 isn't much AND, as a lightie, if R250 is a bridge too far financially, you have lots of years left in the tank to get CTCT done because you're young.

What group you starting........then we can see who is a lightie

50 minutes ago, MonsterMan said:

What group you starting........then we can see who is a lightie

Ps, careful…he might hurt your feelings, as he has done to some of us, on a bmx haha. Legend has it you now have to delete your hub account or change your name if he does a faster time than you. If Japanese, you probably havr to commit seppuku.

yes he is THAT guy????

6356B9CE-6C2F-44FA-9B3B-44793CEA6213.gif

Edited by MORNE

28 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Ps, careful…he might hurt your feelings, as he has done to some of us, on a bmx haha. Legend has it you now have to delete your hub account or change your name if he does a faster time than you. If Japanese, you probably havr to commit seppuku.

yes he is THAT guy????

6356B9CE-6C2F-44FA-9B3B-44793CEA6213.gif

someone watched man in a high castle am I right ?

8 hours ago, Mamil said:

My plan for the CTCT world fun ride champs

1. Don't let Jewbacca beat me on his BMX. definitely

2. Persuade someone to hold my rear wheel off the ground in the start chute so that I can employ Zwift style racing start strategy. ie. Be at 120 rpm and close to redline per kg when the hoopla happens and hold that until hospital bend. While using Zwift style start , lie about your weight as well. May as well go all Zwiftin.

3. Rest as much as possible until bottom of Edinburgh See above

4. Hold on to Footballing Cyclist's saddle bag until top of Edinburgh Leave his thighs out of this, 

5. Rest until Smits are you sailing in from Antarctica??

6. Suffer until the end There's a 5 year guarantee on this

7. If in good mood in Greenpoint - mooch over to lakeside and pretend to be real cyclist helping backmarkers while trying not to cramp. There will be a peloton heading south

8. Nervously check results for Jewbacca's time - think up new bikehub name if slower than him. remember to cancel the old one first or risk getting excommunicated

4 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I was privy to a very heated discussion between 2 cyclists at a stage race over the weekend on why Bill Gates was the ati-christ and why the vaccine was just another way the government was controlling us.... This was 2 middle aged, evidently quite well off guys who could afford to be at a rather exclusive bike race.

I was shook.

But ja, if you're a lightie then it sucks that you fall outside of the 6 week timeframe, but then R250 isn't much AND, as a lightie, if R250 is a bridge too far financially, you have lots of years left in the tank to get CTCT done because you're young.

My view is that if you're between 18-34 and you don't have R250 disposable income for a test at a bike race you bought a bike and paid entry for, then you should have worn a condom or two......

Outside of the poor, middlelcass people in that age group statistically have many times more disposable income than people in the next older age grouping.

I won't be able to ride the CTCT next weekend, thus my entry is available for substitution. Please DM me if interested.

23 hours ago, MORNE said:

more like an entrapment maze...with sale people trying to sell you crap the whole way you frantically look for the exit 

So you've also been to Ikea!!!! The thing you want will always be just before the checkout hall!

So my plans of squeezing in a 50km ride this morning as my only prep in a month for CTCT was screwed by a burst geyser hahaha. FML. 

the universe wants me to suffer next weekend. Oh well...Bring it I guess. I'll show you lol. I did winelands on 2h of sleep. You don't know me universe!

Edited by MORNE

On 10/1/2021 at 11:37 AM, FootballingCyclist said:

On this whole test thing, Why in SA do they feel the need to put the nose swab all the way up into the back of your pupil almost? I've been following Ben Fosters Youtube Channel (CyclingGK) and he shows their tests done and the ladies literally put the swab into their nose no deeper than most people would put their finger. So whose doing it wrong, The Pro football clubs in Europe or the SA peeps??

Having worked on some of this, I asked the same when tested. Reason being it provides a better sample for a higher accuracy. Also the reason why we don't self administer tests (like the USA).
Many SA healthcare workers have experience in public health rollouts and pandemic environments.

52 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Having worked on some of this, I asked the same when tested. Reason being it provides a better sample for a higher accuracy. Also the reason why we don't self administer tests (like the USA).
Many SA healthcare workers have experience in public health rollouts and pandemic environments.

yea I mean when you play in Ebola's back yard, Covid seems like a childs game haha

Edited by MORNE