Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

How dare they implement a system that allows the event to take place instead of cancelling it that has an influence on the irrelevant placings!!! The SHAME!

????

I don't think it matters this year who comes where. Let's all move on from that please?

7 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

How dare they implement a system that allows the event to take place instead of cancelling it that has an influence on the irrelevant placings!!! The SHAME!

????

I don't think it matters this year who comes where. Let's all move on from that please?

Relax, it's just weird that they say bunch start for @ and not for both elite groups. It's a bit confusing, but no big deal. 

(for some reason I can't write under the quote in my prev post, even if I try to edit)

Edited by Jbr

2 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Relax, it's just weird that they say bunch start for @ and not for both elite groups. It's a bit confusing, but no big deal. 

(for some reason I can't write under the quote in my prev post, even if I try to edit)

I've picked this up aswell when trying to edit a quoted post. 

10 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I'm super relaxed. I just think it's a bit silly that the same guys go off on a tirade about the rolling start at least once a week. 

I mean, it's up to you to make the same points over and over, but it's not going to change the situation. I was just suggesting rather light heartedly that in a year where we are lucky to see the event going ahead, can't we just forget about who came where and enjoy what looks to be an amazing day out on the bike?

Maybe I just need a break from whinehub...... ????????

5 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

can't we just forget about who came where and enjoy what looks to be an amazing day out on the bike?

You can, but don't forget that for some it's a race. But there's no point arguing if the front groups do have a fair timing. I don't think anyone in 3B cares about 20 extra secs on their 6 hour time, but you can't ask all the guys in the Elite bunch to go out and "forget about who came where and enjoy a good day out on the bike"

This fred needs some perspective again - 

I'll be sitting at home on the couch when all the moaners are out riding what looks to be one of the best day's to be out cycling in a while, since pedalling a bicycle with a leg in a cast is not something one should attempt.

It truly does not matter who started where, when or why - all that matters is that you get to ride.

carry on, as you were, nothing to see here.

ahah you guys are getting very sensitive, where were you when everyone was moaning about having to spend R250 on a test or that the guys who had the vax didn't have to get tested or I don't know what else ????

I'm very excited to race  ride.... after missing the two last events on injury then business trip in the 3 years I've been seriously actively cycling, and every day I go out I'm so nervous about getting an injury that would prevent me from going. Do not worry, I know what a privilege it's going to be to line up in the start chute and I can't wait.

Edited by Jbr

11 minutes ago, Jbr said:

You can, but don't forget that for some it's a race. But there's no point arguing if the front groups do have a fair timing. I don't think anyone in 3B cares about 20 extra secs on their 6 hour time, but you can't ask all the guys in the Elite bunch to go out and "forget about who came where and enjoy a good day out on the bike"

You really can though.

I don't see why it's more difficult to do just because you're faster. 'Elite' in SA is fun rider in Europe. It's just a matter of leaving your ego at home, enjoying the day and being grateful there is an event. Also, you 'choose' to see it as a race. One small change of perspective and BOOM! It's an event with a rolling start and closed roads on an EPIC day! Voila!

3 hours ago, Karman de Lange said:

All the other years the "advertising" said its when you cross the matts..  but its actually when the group is suppose to start. 

i miss that sarcasm font

It's always been gun to mat.

It's always confused people too.

Just now, Shebeen said:

It's always been gun to mat.

It's always confused people too.

Yes, because at each and every "CTCT FB meeting" and each email, it says.. timing start when you cross the matt.    then you get resutls it uses the group start time.  its been like this since I've done argus.  they say and advertise one thing, and do something else

But its not a issue for me.. Its just to let people know that what they say and what they do is not always the same.

27 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

You really can though.

I don't see why it's more difficult to do just because you're faster. 'Elite' in SA is fun rider in Europe. It's just a matter of leaving your ego at home, enjoying the day and being grateful there is an event. Also, you 'choose' to see it as a race. One small change of perspective and BOOM! It's an event with a rolling start and closed roads on an EPIC day! Voila!

But sub 3? Strava bragging rights all that…

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

The 2 elite groups ($ and %) also have conventional starts(with a bunch of other rules), just didn't copy that part of the mail

22 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

But sub 3? Strava bragging rights all that…

it pains me to say this but many guys on here really can ride it "easy" and still ride a sub 3, Their easy could be a 38km/h average sitting in the bunch instead of racing it at 42km/h

20 minutes ago, Karman de Lange said:

Yes, because at each and every "CTCT FB meeting" and each email, it says.. timing start when you cross the matt.    then you get resutls it uses the group start time.  its been like this since I've done argus.  they say and advertise one thing, and do something else

But its not a issue for me.. Its just to let people know that what they say and what they do is not always the same.

I can't speak for what someone said on facebook, but from my memory it's always been gun to mat. If you have emails to prove otherwise then great, but I highly doubt it. I'm doing #23 this weekend.

https://forum.bikehub.co.za/search/?q="gun to mat"&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&page=2

What I definitely know for sure is people will always be confused by it.

11 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I can't speak for what someone said on facebook, but from my memory it's always been gun to mat. If you have emails to prove otherwise then great, but I highly doubt it. I'm doing #23 this weekend.

https://forum.bikehub.co.za/search/?q="gun to mat"&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&page=2

What I definitely know for sure is people will always be confused by it.

Yes, that what i'm saying ... the reality is gun to mat.. but they always advertise Mat to Mat .. like they doing now again.

I'm not going to go dig through  years of emails .. but I do know its always been said that how it suppose to work (mat to mat) and never does and then people always upset afterwords here on bikehub about it.

i've only done 6 or something.. so still noob