Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

I guess the question is "what is a district?" Neighbourhood is not mentioned in the regulations.

I *think* it may have been one of those tweets I've decided not to pay attention to until the official word is out.... 

I was just amused at the indignation in Robbie's post. She took a chance, she got caught. 

EDIT: COCT is a single district. Therefore she was within her rights, in terms of the regulations. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just amused at the indignation in Robbie's post. She took a chance, she got caught. 

She didn't take a chance. She was within her rights. The police were abusing their powers.

It's not amusing at all. It's scary to me that stupid people support the stupid police in the process of making up stupid laws on the fly. 

Edited by Duane_Bosch

snip

snip

snip

What's a district? Where's my district?

in the WC atleast....these are the district municipalities....so it would probably mean that you are only able to move within each of those numbered areas if you live in it....which is already larger than the claimed "neighbourhood only" rule imo.

edit...i for instance can go shopping in Gordans Bay if i choose to according to this...but not durbanville LOL

https://www.westerncape.gov.za/general-publication/municipalities-western-cape

post-64325-0-61806900-1589291650_thumb.jpg

Edited by morneS555

in the WC atleast....these are the district municipalities....

Everywhere in the country has voting districts. I have seen no map of the districts spoken of in the Communist Manifesto Disaster Management Regulations. The way the muppets can't agree on anything makes me wonder if they would do something like use existing districts, as that would imply some forethought and intelligence, which seem to be lacking.

She didn't take a chance. She was within her rights. The police were abusing their powers.

It's not amusing at all. It's scary to me that stupid people support the stupid police in the process of making up stupid laws on the fly. 

seeing as you are so vocal about it. What have you done to change it?

Have you taken legal actions against the laws? Have you started a political campaign against it?

or is it facebook and bikehub politics only?

Eish, the pitchforks are being sharpened as "rules are rules and any fool can see". I have read of a few people being fined and detained on seemingly flimsy, maybe even spurious grounds. No one I know; yet.

So I have downloaded my essential services dompas just in case, mask is ready, more ordered from Anatomic. What else?

yea unless they thought they meant this

:

attachicon.gifsub councils.png

the ambiguity is just crazy though...

EDIT....but but i can exercise right out of my sub council/ward -_- during 6-9am

just dumb.

Yes that is stupid, especially if you live right in between two districts, the one shop in the next district could be closer to you than the one within your district.

Anyways, when my wife told me she wanted to drive all the way from table view to canal walk to buy some makeup from dischem when we have at least 2 clicks and 2 dischem I can think of next door (that apparently don't sell the one thing she wanted), I thought she was crazy. Maybe that woman had a valid reason to go all the way down to the V&A and maybe she was within her rights, then I'm an asshole. But I doubt it, because I'm an asshole regardless :D

The day CWC tells me my powermeter is available for collection I'll obviously go fetch it, and if I get fined R3000 on the way, you guys can tell me it's karma and I deserved it, you'll be absolutely right ! :D

Edited by Jbr

It is quite interesting to see how passionate people become over what they believe is the "right" thing to do with regards to all the regulations, whether well-intended or ill-planned.

Say now, for instance, in a hypothetical/fantasy turn of events the current government gives up and downs tools and repeal all the pandemic-related regulations all at once and we return to status quo, what would all the experts on the Hub propose as regulations to keep as many people as possible alive, healthy, employed or enabled to earn a liveable income and content?

I am not saying that the current ones are correct, sensible or even logical. I honestly would like to know what those against (or for) some of the regulations would propose as alternatives. I assume many peeps on here have by now finished reading the internet with all the time available during lockdown, so the suggestions should be based on fact and research.

Maybe we could forward the best proposals to the upper echelons of our leaders and try to give sight to some of those leading the rest of the blind...

It is quite interesting to see how passionate people become over what they believe is the "right" thing to do with regards to all the regulations, whether well-intended or ill-planned.

Say now, for instance, in a hypothetical/fantasy turn of events the current government gives up and downs tools and repeal all the pandemic-related regulations all at once and we return to status quo, what would all the experts on the Hub propose as regulations to keep as many people as possible alive, healthy, employed or enabled to earn a liveable income and content?

I am not saying that the current ones are correct, sensible or even logical. I honestly would like to know what those against (or for) some of the regulations would propose as alternatives. I assume many peeps on here have by now finished reading the internet with all the time available during lockdown, so the suggestions should be based on fact and research.

Maybe we could forward the best proposals to the upper echelons of our leaders and try to give sight to some of those leading the rest of the blind...

I think whatever the rules, there will always be some cases where they appear completely stupid and impossible to enforce or irresponsible.

What we have at the moment is okay-ish at least for my personal case but I understand it can be dramatic for some other people, the small business owners that can't operate as well as the poorest who can't put food on the table because their job isn't labeled as "essential". Sounds like an impossible choice, they will eventually have to chose for us between choking or starving to death... not a good time to be a leader !

Edited by Jbr

I agree completely with your points.

This one, however, how do you prove you are in the circle of death (even if you are) if you are stopped whilst out riding? There's no requirement (yet) to carry dompas style of proof of who and what you are is there?

I'm also on the East Rand

Would love to go as far as Baps or Kempton, but my fear to have an argument which a cop drunk on power and low on EQ/IQ is too high.  So I try to keep inside the circle of death, perhaps massaging it to about 6km, just to get a decent route.

Also their maffs aren't that great, so to argue 6km vs 5km is way easier than 25km vs 5km.

Ride with a form of identification (Id card in my case) 

OOOOPS !!!

I have been riding without my Tygerberg card, as the trails are closed ..... but ALL my details are on the back of it .... if something happens, there is NO other way to identify me, nor to contact the Boss ....

Thanks for the reminder.

Okay, so COCT is a single District municipality, and the cop was acting outside of the guidelines. 

Cool. I was wrong. Amended my posts accordingly. She should be able to get it squashed.

I reckon that the courts are going to be very busy sorting out cases like this - those fines equate to criminal records.

Not to mention the wrongful arrests and police brutality cases.