Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Well if folks keep pointing it out then yes it will get banned and whats does the moral high ground achieve?

Better health for all? Nope, you just feel chuffed.

Better compliance by some? big maybe, dangling by a thin thread maybe

You feel better? I'm sure you will.

Was the rider out alone? Yes then no harm done, leave them alone and focus on your immediate environment

Was the rider out in an organised group? Yes, then Burn away.

I swear its like the class prefects are trying to rekindle their good old days of being teachers pet.

No- Some of us got kicked out of most classes.

The reality is, are 3 or 4 group rides in the last few days worth so much that you are willing to risk being stuck on Zwift for the next 6 weeks again?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out at 6 today on the bike to quickly ride to the in-laws house to put their bin out for the day.

Waaaaaay less people out than over the weekend. But also, way less mask wearing by those out and about. Maybe 30% had masks on.

Numbnuts.

If we want to stay away from another hard lockdown we need to mask-up, stay away from group activities and just suck it up for a while.

Do the hard workouts with the heavy breathing at home if the mask bothers you. Then do a lekker slow scenic ride with the mask on and enjoy the outside.

Well if folks keep pointing it out then yes it will get banned and whats does the moral high ground achieve?

Was the rider out alone? Yes then no harm done, leave them alone and focus on your immediate environment

I swear its like the class prefects are trying to rekindle their good old days of being teachers pet.

No , not class prefects just trying to protect the little that we have .

I honestly don't know what's worse.

The idiots making their Strava rides outside of the radius of death public or the people on here who have WAAAY too much time on their hands that they can stalk other peoples strava and then report them on here for riding outside the radius of death.

The idiots making their Strava rides outside of the radius of death public or the people on here who have WAAAY too much time on their hands that they can stalk other peoples strava and then report them on here for riding outside the radius of death.

the first one to go out for an 'illegal' ride and draw a middle finger or some sort of phallic representation using their strava route map will be my hero :ph34r:

I heard SANTACO is looking for a new spokesman, I'll send in a good ref for you.

The one is breaking the law and can push us back to level 5. The other one is an ass hat. I dont know, which is worse?

You can Bulls@#T please SOME people, SOME of the time.

But you cannot Bulls@#T please ALL the people, ALL of the time.

PS.adjusted for relevance here

Went out at 6 today on the bike to quickly ride to the in-laws house to put their bin out for the day.

Waaaaaay less people out than over the weekend. But also, way less mask wearing by those out and about. Maybe 30% had masks on.

Numbnuts.

If we want to stay away from another hard lockdown we need to mask-up, stay away from group activities and just suck it up for a while.

Do the hard workouts with the heavy breathing at home if the mask bothers you. Then do a lekker slow scenic ride with the mask on and enjoy the outside.

same here, I'm done, back to Zwift... I thought on a weekday it'd be better...

I don't enjoy these rides outside with every runner breething at my face. I don't see group riders though where I go (Sunningdale) but I avoid the table view beach front like the plague, that's probably where they are...

well if you can't tell what's worst then that explains why there are so many idiots out there doing what they want regardless of the rules. By the way, it takes about 2 mins to check flyby, as much as it took you to write that post.

Edited by Jbr

Then report transgressors to the police. Whining about it on an internet forum is pathetic.

Better yet, go on your strava, see friends breaking the rules, pick up the phone and tell them to quit being an inconsiderate idiot. Hence my post to the strava leaderboard. Hopefully people recognize their own friends on that list and do something.

I had to call out a friend in person running without a mask the other day, I think it has a bigger impact when you know them.

Then report transgressors to the police. Whining about it on an internet forum is pathetic.

Better yet, go on your strava, see friends breaking the rules, pick up the phone and tell them to quit being an inconsiderate idiot. Hence my post to the strava leaderboard. Hopefully people recognize their own friends on that list and do something.

I had to call out a friend in person running without a mask the other day, I think it has a bigger impact when you know them.

I had a few people on my Strava feed that were about 20km outside their 5km radius. When the rides were mentioned on whatsapp (no names), some people left immediately and one ride magically disappeared.