Lock-down Chamois Cream

seahorse

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is which section would I find it ?

Normally with the other Biogen supplements but I guess could differ from store to store.

1 hr you should not need any cream, maybe try without ..

I stopped using creams for anything less than 3 hrs, since then no more saddle sores....

if more than 3 hrs, Vaseline with camphor, buy it at any pnp etc.  

Each to his own I guess, but I haven't used chamois cream except for the Transbaviaans last year (which was 18 hours on a hardtail for me), and I only tried it as a precautionary measure. 

I regularly do 4-5hr rides and have never had any form of soreness or chafing. Could it be that your setup is wrong? Saddle too high, causing your bum to move on the saddle while riding and that's chafing you? 

Maybe you have more sensitive bum skin than I do (less hidings as a kid).

Not trying to be a douche, just giving another perspective. 

Each to his own I guess, but I haven't used chamois cream except for the Transbaviaans last year (which was 18 hours on a hardtail for me), and I only tried it as a precautionary measure.

I regularly do 4-5hr rides and have never had any form of soreness or chafing. Could it be that your setup is wrong? Saddle too high, causing your bum to move on the saddle while riding and that's chafing you?

Maybe you have more sensitive bum skin than I do (less hidings as a kid).

Not trying to be a douche, just giving another perspective.

different setups, bibs and people.

2 of my bibs make my butt hurt and chafe like crazy. Also only one of my 3 saddles even with my good bibs don’t hurt me.

On the IDT doesn’t matter what combo, after 1 hour things start to get ugly.

Having had an issue down there that required a doctor to cut it open and drain means I’m not taking any chances.

Edited by ouzo

Having had an issue down there that required a doctor to cut it open and drain means I’m not taking any chances.

Yawza. I winced just reading that. If that's the case, lube up with friggin sunflower oil if you have to.