Masks when riding

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the you having a bad morning cause you have realized now that paying the bills is stressing you out because you are living past your means. Maybe spend less time carring about what you look like and what you ride and consider all the fellow PEOPLE out there....... Thats the point of the mask..... Just cause others in your street arent wearing a mask..... That doesnt make it okay!!!! Use your kop ond stop being a sheeeeep!!

dunno...VERY generalising thing to say about someone and their circumstances you know nothing about. (unless you guys actually know each other outside this forum) sounds like something a sheep (someone conforming to and following the perception of the societal norm) would say imo lol

Edited by morneS555

Not one cyclists I saw this morning, was wearing a mask.

Rules don't seem to apply but they will be quick to jump on their high horse when we get told we may not cycle anymore......

Seems most cyclists around here are now wearing buffs.

Only one jogger that had no mask of buff.

BUT, this is typical suburb with a few people actually using the opportunity to get out and around a few blocks ....

Dont know what the riders did that headed out on longer rides.

if we were A 1st world country with the best goverment in the world people would still disobey the rules , this selfish "if he can or they can do it , I will too " mentality is so disgusting 

and what you guys say is true , when restrictions are pushed up again those people will be first in line to complain  

kay that's enough of these mindless cycles for today 

Do whatever you want with regards to wearing a mask when intended to protect others.

But if you prefer not to, please stick to your guns when you come and see me at work and you end up next to the person riddled with Covid-19 who is gulping for air with every rushed breath. Don't then demand to wear a mask all of a sudden.

Because we won't have enough to go around very very soon. 

I know people who contracted the virus. The one's husband was on the brink of death, and was lucky not to die. Doctors were not confident he would pull through. He has 2 colleagues who were with him when they contracted the virus, and they were still in ICU last week, one of them whom was comatose. And no, they are not in the high risk category. They are early 40's and healthy and fit. Non smokers as well.

Yesterday I was informed by one of my business associates that their boss' wife has it, and she is suffering such intense pain that she was rushed to ER for pain meds...

People who still think this is "not something that can happen to me, only to other people" are likely the same as the idiots who have unprotected sex with strangers, because STD, HIV and Aids only happens to other folks.

Stop being stupid. Stop being reckless. Wear your mask.

I rode with my buff yesterday and today, and I noticed that breathing through my mouth works better than through my nose, and also aids my glasses not misting up.

Only time I moved my mask was to take a sip of water from my bidon.

I think the you having a bad morning cause you have realized now that paying the bills is stressing you out because you are living past your means. Maybe spend less time carring about what you look like and what you ride and consider all the fellow PEOPLE out there....... Thats the point of the mask..... Just cause others in your street arent wearing a mask..... That doesnt make it okay!!!! Use your kop ond stop being a sheeeeep!!

Wow, my friend started a business in January, took his pension and savings for capital. His April income was R0. Are you going to tell him to stay in his budget as well?

Dlck comment if you do not know the persons circumstance.

Yeeeeeeeeah, right. 

So let me understand the mindset, there are businesses going down the tube, people have to be fed by the government, families are seperated, people lying in a hospital struggling for every breath and your problem is that your glasses mist up when you wear a face mask while cycling?

What a bunch of whiners.

'Compulsory' wearing of masks are not going to make any difference in South Africa...

Do you think the poorer communities are going to be wasting R30+ on a mask? Or will they just reuse old masks....swop masks amongst themselves. Are they going to wash it after every use and leave it in the sun? There are people all over in town this morning...its month end and hardly anyone has a mask on and not a single piglet in sight....

People are deluded....! 

Do you always align yourself with the lowest common denominator?

Well simply. Stop trying to show off with FACIAL RECOGNITION, and leave your phone at home.

OR take the password lock off your phone because you are hiding things. Its simple. Go to SETTINGS and, Remove password

I’ll elaborate on the point I was trying to make:

Modern day technology, supposedly introduced to make our lives easier, is also not immune to the problems we find ourselves in currently, causing said frustration.

BTW, why would I be hiding things? The password is there to protect things, like accessing banking apps, personal info, and accidental pockets calls.

Do you have one password for all apps, accounts and the like? I don’t, so the finger scanner or face recognition is more beneficial than trying to remember which password matches the relevant account.

I’ll elaborate on the point I was trying to make:

Modern day technology, supposedly introduced to make our lives easier, is also not immune to the problems we find ourselves in currently, causing said frustration.

BTW, why would I be hiding things? The password is there to protect things, like accessing banking apps, personal info, and accidental pockets calls.

Do you have one password for all apps, accounts and the like? I don’t, so the finger scanner or face recognition is more beneficial than trying to remember which password matches the relevant account.

I'll wager Monster Man has a lock on his phone (regardless of what he is going to say here.....!)

You would have to be pretty complacent not to have one....

Wow. I did not know wearing a mask stops Covid. Thanks for the heads up. 

Here are a few facts (imho obviously). The way the virus spreads means the only way to stop the disease is that everyone must have zero (ZERO) contact with anyone else for around 6 weeks (or so). The asymptomatic people will get sick in 2 to 3 weeks and then be sick for around 2 weeks, i dont know this number (maybe one of the doctors on this thread could assist here) and then another week to formally recover. Add on extra weeks if you feel it is necessary. Those who get sick will self identify and go to hospital etc, but its the asymptomatic ones that are the challenge as they spread it unknowingly.

Basically, this period of isolation will never happen!

So all we are doing is trying to slow the spread. The chirps about me exposing you is slightly in Lala land. the masks are not 100% effective and only partially. So the amount of wee that lands on me does not really matter as i still get wee on me and the wee infects me. (Using an analogy from above) It will continue to spread, and if you get it and die, well then, that is all there is to it. Either you self isolate for the next year or two, or you accept that at some point or other you will probably get it.

Yes i am assuming the vaccination (if it happens) will take another year to develop and get issued to the needy masses around the world. But then again, the glory of a capitalist society means it will be months before anyone in the townships get access to the vaccine.

I will wear my buff as much as possible, but i need to blow snot rockets, drink and breathe. I managed about half the ride yesterday with my buff up in total. i will also do the best i can to keep the hospitals to a minimum of dying patients by slowing the spread, but i am in no way naive enough to believe that wearing a mask will stop me getting this disease. It is just a question of when. 

Lets all hope the vaccine will HTFU, and stop the spread of this disease. 

Also having a s#!*y morning.