Are cyclist just too superior to keep their masks/buffs on

Stefalbertyn

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never look for agreeable voices or search for consensus on this platform. I type for myself. However, the trolling of the day definitely belongs to you, hey. Met eish.

it's sometimes good to dust off the old grey matter and the mask debate exposed some seriously insightful points of view.  my views on this are genuine, not designed to stoke the coals unnecessarily, and I have had several moments of reflection which is always good. 

Edited by PygaSchmyga

When I was in IT support I used to tell people I was a teller at a building society (yes it was that long ago)

Demmit. Bouvereeniging??

When I was in IT support I used to tell people I was a teller at a building society (yes it was that long ago)

IT support then - delivering punch cards... :P  :D

I love threads like these.

People: I will choose which laws I want to follow because I have thought about it. Less law is better for me.

Same people: Why is this country so lawless?

And don't forget... Lockdown wasn't needed, look how low our numbers are!

I love threads like these.

People: I will choose which laws I want to follow because I have thought about it. Less law is better for me.

Same people: Why is this country so lawless?

Because the last 100yr history of this country is laced with a long period of unjust laws 

You still get tellers

That is no excuse to keep breaking them...

when the populace doesn't respect the government....

just look at the US and whats happening there. No respect both ways so it escalates.

Over here its the same. Peope only respect the laws that relate to the basics they were aught s kids and thats likely what they learned in religious study because its ingrained from a young age.

But stupid **** like thou shalt not surf, though shalt not procure open toed shoes thou shalt not have communion with alcohol though shalt not smoke a zol,....no rational person is going to respect that.

Rational leaders don't come up with that sort of drivel either.

just look at the US and whats happening there. No respect both ways so it escalates.

Over here its the same. Peope only respect the laws that relate to the basics they were aught s kids and thats likely what they learned in religious study because its ingrained from a young age.

But stupid **** like thou shalt not surf, though shalt not procure open toed shoes thou shalt not have communion with alcohol though shalt not smoke a zol,....no rational person is going to respect that.

Obviously it's not as black and white as either of us are portraying but giving yourself free license to break the law because a few are stupid tends to anarchy not order. I know which end of that spectrum I'd like to be on.

Edited by Eldron

Weren't you the guy that defended CSA when they were imposing draconian rules on cyclists?

Obviously it's not as black and white as either of us are portraying but giving yourself free license to break the law because a few are stupid tends to anarchy not order. I know which end of that spectrum I'd like to be on.

Of course its never as black and white as that but that fits the general trend. 

Here's an extreme example: Should Apartheid laws have been obeyed?

Many, many people didn't and I'm sure you were one of them. Does that make you a bad person?