Are cyclist just too superior to keep their masks/buffs on

Stefalbertyn

Yip, gold mine - Kusasalethu (Elandsrand) near Carletonville

My dad used to work at Kloof...we stayed in Glenharvie and Hillshaven....

Good times back then....

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip, gold mine - Kusasalethu (Elandsrand) near Carletonville

Whew, I thought you were on the wrong side of a CIA black site.  :ph34r:

Eisch !!!

It's been Friday all week long !!!

And Friday not Friday at all  ???

Edited by porqui

To the 80 percent of you jokers who are not wearing masks while riding including the Savages who came down from Llandudno this morning a couple of questions

1. If you knew that the person in front of you was shedding viral particles into his slip with every breath would you want him to wear a mask if, as all evidence suggests, it diminished the number of distribution of those particles?

2. Would the likelihood of you wanting him to wear a mask increase if you had an immuno-compromised partner / child waiting for you at home

3. If you were unknowingly positive for Corona virus and shetting viral particles into your slipsteam and as evidence suggests, wearing a buff / mask reduced the number and distribution of those particles by some percentage who would need to be coming up behind you to make you put the ******* mask on?

After the 5th encounter that went like this 

Mamil : Please cover your face

Rider : **** off  or you **** or similar 

I stopped telling people to cover up.

honestly - **** YOU ALL and your selfish entitlement.

The only thing I'm more pissed off with than the South African government is the South African population.

To the 80 percent of you jokers who are not wearing masks while riding including the Savages who came down from Llandudno this morning a couple of questions

1. If you knew that the person in front of you was shedding viral particles into his slip with every breath would you want him to wear a mask if, as all evidence suggests, it diminished the number of distribution of those particles?

2. Would the likelihood of you wanting him to wear a mask increase if you had an immuno-compromised partner / child waiting for you at home

3. If you were unknowingly positive for Corona virus and shetting viral particles into your slipsteam and as evidence suggests, wearing a buff / mask reduced the number and distribution of those particles by some percentage who would need to be coming up behind you to make you put the ******* mask on?

Rider : **** off or you **** or similar

The only thing I'm more pissed off with than the South African government is the South African population.

Funny that this took place in the Cape as well, it is not as if you guys don't have cases down there.

I also saw the Savage Train when they came through Muizenberg.

I've taken my outdoor exercise elsewhere.. Yesterday I did a nice 2 and a half hour run up the mountains above Muizies/Kalk Bay/Ou Kaapse and the dog and I didn't see another soul.

The roads looked like 2 weeks before Argust this morning and there is no way I'm joining that debacle.

While this plays out I am doing my best to avoid anywhere and anything that involves being or seeing large numbers of people. It's just disappointing.

I know he is and I don't really care, the eventual risk is negligible

I would be riding on my own

I know who I Cycle with; If I don't, I would not be sitting in their slip.

I would not curse you, just ignore you. Why are you not social distancing?

Get a life and do your bit to look after yourself. Social distancing etc.

Flame suit on, but damn I am so over all these people that believe they are not going to get the virus. YOU ARE or you are going to be in the significant minority.

Edited by TDFN

You are a moron

End of

Not quite end of -- the opinion you express is evidence of moron levels of thought. Whether you are one or not I don't know

Flame suit on, but damn I am so over all these people that believe they are not going to get the virus. YOU ARE or you are going to be in the significant minority.

Edited by Mamil

Since this has become the WHINGE thread I'd like to lodge an official whinge against the people riding in the dark with no lights.

Come on guys. If you can buy a Spez Shiv you an buy a R500 front light and a R150 Ryder flashy.

OK whinge over. I feel way better now.

Since this has become the WHINGE thread I'd like to lodge an official whinge against the people riding in the dark with no lights.

Come on guys. If you can buy a Spez Shiv you an buy a R500 front light and a R150 Ryder flashy.

One would think somebody that buys a Shiv would definitely buy a light to to make extra sure that they get noticed, sorry I mean “seen”.

You are a moron

End of

Not quite end of -- the opinion you express is evidence of moron levels of thought. Whether you are one or not I don't know

You are very hyper..... take a deep breath and chill.

Another rocket scientist - in touch with the irony in your take a deep breath?

Tell you what - put the mask on and I'll chill OK?

You are very hyper..... take a deep breath and chill.

Edited by Mamil

Problem is that those lights do not fit on spez bikes, they require special spez lights as well and those are expensive. Edited by Breezer

Just Imagine, a guy riding in the dark on a Spez Shiv without any lights, not wearing a mask and throwing a Gu wrapper on the ground

Funny that this took place in the Cape as well, it is not as if you guys don't have cases down there.

Biggest surprise is that we haven't been placed back in level 5 lockdown yet.

I drove in to office yesterday and observed pedestrians/commuters during my 15 min drive.

At best we have 50% of people masked of which half are probably wearing it properly.

Saw some pics of various popular cycling spots from earlier this morning, with a similar number of masks being worn, if not less.

To all the people moaning about masks, do yourself a favor, get in your car and go into the deep part of the squatter camps. I have been there this whole week and just realized again that we are busy with nothing. These people give a flying virus about covid 19. At one liquor store the rules are nicely put on the wall, no mask no entry with a mask to put on hanging on a hook. If you exit put it back for the next guy. There is no social distancing, children play in large groups in the street, many sit in groups playing dominoes and nobody wears a mask. According to the what we are told about this virus it should run through these settlements like a blaze.

There are either much more people around us infected, or there is some kind of immunity already. There is no way that the daily infection rate is anything to go by.

Wear a mask to protect yourself or stay at home.