New aerodynamic Specialized Tarmac SL7 brings an end to the Venge

News bot

Ok, so what I dont get, this bike is "the one bike to rule them all" so amazing, just launched, yet when you actually order one they slap on a R15k discount straight away? If the bikes are so amazing, they should at least be selling for RRP or above when just launched. 

Just found it strange.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so apparently your GBP10500 gets you this beautiful bike with Sram Red AXS and then they go do something brain dead and make it not tubeless compatible.

The mind boggles

https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/road-bikes/specialized-s-works-tarmac-sl7-review/

SA pricing.

https://www.specialized.com/za/en/shop/bikes/road-bikes/performance-road-bikes/tarmac/c/tarmac?q=%3Aprice-desc%3Aarchived%3Afalse%3AproductFamily%3ATarmac+SL7

Imagine you had just spent close to R200k on the Venge a few months ago, how disappointed are you feeling right now? 

Nah.. I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes (and sometimes buys) bikes on looks and brand only.

The science is cool but only necessary to justify it to your bank account, and for playing top trumps.

Ok, so what I dont get, this bike is "the one bike to rule them all" so amazing, just launched, yet when you actually order one they slap on a R15k discount straight away? If the bikes are so amazing, they should at least be selling for RRP or above when just launched. 

Just found it strange.

breathe in ..........Let the Venge(nce) go..while breathing out

Nah.. I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes (and sometimes buys) bikes on looks and brand only.

The science is cool but only necessary to justify it to your bank account, and for playing top trumps.

Science,......what science..where??!!

so apparently your GBP10500 gets you this beautiful bike with Sram Red AXS and then they go do something brain dead and make it not tubeless compatible.

The mind boggles

https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/road-bikes/specialized-s-works-tarmac-sl7-review/

With the marketing scrip of the Tarmac SL7, the rating is disappointing, thought at least 7 out of 5, no questions.

Did not know that when the chainrings are caput, the power meter as well.

The Trek looks good!

Different option Orbea Orca

Just found it strange.

maybe to account for what our market is willing to pay?

its still a lot, but i'm sure their market research and historical data will single out the best price point for the RSA market 

With the marketing scrip of the Tarmac SL7, the rating is disappointing, thought at least 7 out of 5, no questions.

The Trek looks good!

at this sort of price point the LOOK 795 Blade RS is well within range

I still haven't got used to this disc brake thing on road bikes, but, for some reason, dics seem to blend in nicely on this bike and the bike actually looks quite nice.

If I ever sell my car to buy a bike, this will be the one I will go for. 

Edited by Longbarn Killer

If I won the lotto, this would be my bike of choice! Would love to have one of these, but at that price tag, it will always be a dream...

The Trek looks good!

On the Quarq RED AXS PM, when the chainring are shot you have two options.

1) New rings with power meter at 50% discount - This isn't a bad option as the PM with rings is around R13K. New rings alone are R5000! Slightly more pricey than the Dura Ace 9000 rings

2) Send the unit back to SRAm to fit new rings. About a 15 working day turnaround

3) Buy the crank without PM and fit Favero Assioma pedals

If you are not brand driven... you can put together a really nice top end bike with the best parts available for much less than this.

Factor

Chapter2

Swift

and many more