Critérium du Dauphiné 2020

Vetplant

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if JA is in the same blistering form he was in during 2019.

The punctures in the recent classics did him no favours, sure. But he popped too quickly yesterday to be seriously considering GC at the TDF.

We might have a different surprise package to keep the traditional contenders on their toes during the first two weeks, but I doubt JA will repeat his heroics.

No doubt he will light it up and possibly take a couple of stages. He will not disappoint in terms of bringing entertainment.

During the commentary yesterday it the guy said JA had felt terrible on stage one and if he felt like that yesterday he would back off at the first sign of trouble and go for a win later in the week

While I can't imagine him performing in the tour as he did last year, I can only hope.  I wouldn't call him off form, 400 punctures 2 weeks ago and he still finished when the vast majority failed and then Milan San Remo where he was sensational

This year there is no form book apart from what just happened.

While I'm here, yes Froome looks off but if I was the boss I'd still take him.  2 weeks is a long time for a guy like him to get some form and in week 2 and 3 he could be the best domestique the TDF has seen and help Bernal or Thomas significantly.  I don't think the relationship is a frosty as people are speculating.  

And whilst I'm opinionating on pro cycling from my armchair, this has got to be the most open tour in decades.  I can't wait

I watched the highlights package on ITV4 last night and the commentator Sean Kelly noted that whilst CF dropped off, he was still up there further in the race than the like of Adam Yates and a few others who dropped off the pace well before.

It is true but riders such as Froome, Sagan and a few others are judged differently.

If Cristiano Ronaldo misses a penalty the world erupts but if some midfielder from Aston Villa does the same nobody really notices 

I say it with respect to Adam Yates  :)

Edited by dsw

It is true but riders such as Froome, Sagan and a few others are judged differently.

If Cristiano Ronaldo misses a penalty the world erupts but if some midfielder from Aston Villa does 

the same nobody really notices 

I say it with respect to Adam Yates  :)

Agreed.......but todays trivia without google

The midfielder from Aston Villa missed a pen in the European Cup semi finals

and his name is........

Agreed.......but todays trivia without google

The midfielder from Aston Villa missed a pen in the European Cup semi finals

and his name is........

As a Liverpool fan I am not that familiar with all the names of the players in the lower clubs :) 

I think Roglic is doing a Yates and burning too many matches when it doesn’t count, going to be a cracking TDF

Didn't look like he was burning anything really he just rode away from them.. kudos to Buchmann who gets that assist for kind of cutting Bernal off.

But yes.. it's possible that he is peaking a little too soon or showing his form a bit too eagerly [emoji2368]

Its the great unknown this year.

Didn't look like he was burning anything really he just rode away from them.. kudos to Buchmann who gets that assist for kind of cutting Bernal off.

But yes.. it's possible that he is peaking a little too soon or showing his form a bit too eagerly [emoji2368]

Its the great unknown this year.

I enjoyed that in the moment as well :)

But I think Roggas was gone regardless, Bernal didn't have it in him to close the gap.

The silent TDF threat IMHO is TommyD, he lost some time yesterday but he can be on a different plan to the rest, only peaking in the 3rd week.

Froome could not keep the pace yesterday but when he dropped out he did not look to me all buggered like quite a few of the others that dropped out of the lead group.  Which does make me wonder if he might not be putting in a 100% effort at all and saving himself for the TDF.  I still however won't put money on him now for a TDF podium though.