Road rage in Campsbay

Bernard Horn

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

facebook hey.... That platform is just social poison.

Anyway, both probably behaved like twats.... seems like it.

Share the blame, leave the drama on days of our lives and please, stop making everything about gender or race when clearly it is about behaving/driving/riding/reacting like a bag of tools

I despise Facebook as much as this discrimination accusation culture - it wasn’t about gender. Seems to be about bad driving followed by inexcusable behavior

I know it’s cool to cruise the beach strip but it’s always busy, why not loop behind avoiding the traffic?

I despise Facebook as much as this discrimination accusation culture - it wasn’t about gender. Seems to be about bad driving followed by inexcusable behavior

I know it’s cool to cruise the beach strip but it’s always busy, why not loop behind avoiding the traffic?

Of course it's about gender

Do you think the pin up boy would react like that towards a full grown outjie.Doubt it.

Of course it's about gender

Do you think the pin up boy would react like that towards a full grown outjie.Doubt it.

You’re probably right or maybe he was being ageist because she was older. Maybe he identifies as a woman so he felt it was ok to scream at her

Who knows, we weren’t there but as a group we are not liked and there is a reason. It’s not one sided, we are aggro drivers on the whole but anytime I venture away from my hamlet I see cyclists riding abreast chatting. It’s not rare

We as cyclists need to up our public perception whether it’s our fault or not because cars will win. Not saying it’s right but we need to be better

Edited by Waynemol

Bad news for cyclists to be lumped together with aggressive abusive idiots like this. No matter what, that is not how any man should treat a woman. I distance myself from him and his ways.

Agreed but I’d go further

This is not how people should treat each other, regardless of gender

And that Colnago should be confiscated

Edited by Waynemol

I'm of the opinion that this guy is shouty no matter who it is. 

I've known a few ragers in my time and they would behave like this whether the person they perceived as having slighted them was male, female, blue, green whatever....

Ragers rage. 

I despise shouty behaviour. It illustrates a very deep rooted superiority complex.

Camps Bay Main Road.......Eish. A cesspool of poor driving, silicone tits, opulent  coffee shops, drunk sunbathers fed by a narrow strips of tarmac from 3 directions.

Bad driving and bad parking is part of Camps Bay culture. One must expect this when on a bicycle so I can understand how this situation arose. It happens every weekend.

Car cruise down the main road, can't find parking, A loading zone opens up. The "I'm-only-going-to-be-5min culture kicks in and they take the gap. Now vehicles behind have to accomodate this and it snowballs. Often there are cyclists caught in this sh*tfest and have no space on the left or right. Most will hang back and let the *fest unfold in front of them whilst others will try to navigate around.

I guess Mr Gulf Colnago decided to chirp something and got a response to which he felt the need to respond which drew more response and so on and so on and here we are with faecebook war declared on cyclists by the cyber warriors.

We don't need Mr gulf colnago to make drivers target cyclists. they already do that and will continue to do so until some of them get jail time for attempted murder or at least reckless and dangerous driving

That FB thread is a real cesspool - scary to think those people control large chunks of metal, often moving at high speed.

Smells like "community justice" ala Louis Theroux in Johannesburg. Burn him.

Edited by aquaratza

to spit in someone's face during a pandemic..lots of trouble right there.

but exactly what DJR said

I would suggest it was more an angry snarl and shouty expletives accompanied by spittle than he actually spat in her face.

Either way, it seems that with some common decency from all involved, this spat could have been avoided........  :whistling:

I would suggest it was more an angry snarl and shouty expletives accompanied by spittle than he actually spat in her face.

That's how I read it the original Facebook post. But I guess it could be the other way as well.

Camps Bay beachfront - an area frequented by cyclists, runners, beachgoers, breakfast seekers, motoring enthusiasts ... name them and they're there.

Each believing they have more right to be there than the other with very few even considering the other.