Tour de France 2021

gummibear

49 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Just heard time cut is 37 minutes. 

The last 90 riders come in as a single group, 35min01 down... 

Demare last over the line at 35m34

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, dsw said:

The only 2 riders in the world who might challenge him over the next few years would be Bernal and perhaps Evenpoel imo.

Sis. Take that back. Roglic is equal or better than all 3

What an assault in the final by the defending champion. It is only week 1 and there are time gaps within time gaps. Dropping an in-form Carapaz like he was a junior rider or stagiaire was the most revealing of the gap between jersey nr 1 and the rest. Phew!

30 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Sis. Take that back. Roglic is equal or better than all 3

haha... I was going to include him in my list but then I thought about his age and his tendency to crash.. he is becoming a bit like Geraint Thomas in that regard.

Tough luck to him though... he looked great  before the mishap.

At least Dylan Theuns gave his country something to cheer about today after last night's heartache.

4 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

There it is. Perhaps maybe a lower spec like 105 cassette and chain combo to add weight.

20210703_145812.jpg

Was there a shortage of Size Large frames....??

3 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Van der poel has cracked 

That's not correct, the Tour asked MVDP to crack or he will crack the tour

3 hours ago, Bonus said:

There's a  UAE rider pulling the Peloton at the moment who looks like he's trying to send secret messages in code using only his facial muscles . . . .

Formolo code, its like Morse but in 3D.

38 minutes ago, dsw said:

haha... I was going to include him in my list but then I thought about his age and his tendency to crash.. he is becoming a bit like Geraint Thomas in that regard.

Tough luck to him though... he looked great  before the mishap.

Roglic is only 31. He'll be 32 at the next edition. There's still time especially since he started cycling a bit later in life too.

Pogacar though,  this generations Greg Lemond, a once in a while human.  Lemond had some huge capacity, VO2max of over 90ml/kg/min....I'd love to know what Pog's is

6 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Was there a shortage of Size Large frames....??

I know you are joking, but it is really common for pro's to ride a size smaller with longer stem and seat post.

I read an article about it last year during the Vuelta. They land up with a perfect bike fit but on a smaller, lighter, more manoeuvrable frame.

2 hours ago, babse said:

Even though Poggie looks miles clear of everyone else, is UAE team strong enough to control everything till Paris? 

Do not think they need to. Set tempo, let breaks go! Other teams with top 5 aspirations will start to close breaks and like today with 30km to go, let Pogacar go, gain more time and win a stage.

29 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I see Louis Meintjies is up into 21st.  Not bad considering where he was not too long ago, hopefully he can climb some more places.

He better, he is my bargain purchase in the fantasy league.