Found Renault car keys at Wolwespruit

kingalton

My Mrs has one, I still haven't found a real reason to dislike it at all, it just does everything we ask of it and more. I was not too fond of the idea when we bought, but three years later I am 100% sold. Jump in a high spec Sandero or Duster and you will be very surprised especially given pricing.

I test drove a Duster last year.  Was seriously impressed.  Damn good "value for money" compared to the main stream models ....

Then I was reminded of a friend who waited 6 months for parts for his Renault ....

Boss had a top-spec Citroen .... spent most of its last 6 months at the dealers ....

Friend had a 2-door Peugeot ..... goes in for a minor service .... error code .... locals cant fix it, have set up an appointment to wire it up and have Europe diagnose it .... turned into a three fix for what was meant to be an oil change ....

These are all GOOD cars ..... in Europe

Without proper back-up it is a gamble to buy low volume imports .... 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I test drove a Duster last year.  Was seriously impressed.  Damn good "value for money" compared to the main stream models ....

Then I was reminded of a friend who waited 6 months for parts for his Renault ....

Boss had a top-spec Citroen .... spent most of its last 6 months at the dealers ....

Friend had a 2-door Peugeot ..... goes in for a minor service .... error code .... locals cant fix it, have set up an appointment to wire it up and have Europe diagnose it .... turned into a three fix for what was meant to be an oil change ....

These are all GOOD cars ..... in Europe

Without proper back-up it is a gamble to buy low volume imports .... 

Rebranded Dacia, who cares, these keys with a Renault on could be a sandero key. Think we all just irritated the duster bakkie is not coming to SA.

I got a new respect for Renault after we klapped a large Kudu bull in the dark on the N3 highway at 120kmh in a 2003 Clio 3 years ago, the reason we bought the current Renault. All 3 walked away with little more than a few cuts and scrapes. Roof was caved in, car ended up in a concrete culvert as well. 14 year old car, all airbags deployed perfectly and we were safe.

Let me guess, you own a Toyota, BMW or VW.

I would love to own a Renault. Nothing beats French style on cars.

Nope Japanese. I paid my school fees with multiple Renault's in the late 90"s and early millenium. My daughter drives a Sandero as a student, but she owns it, so I don't have to admit anything.

The much praised mercedes A, B and CLA classes are all Renaults btw lol. So are the mercedes smart cars. They are all renault Twingo's that got a facelift.

I dont mind them, i just dont think they are pretty cars so would never buy one. And the names....kwid, captur, duster? Isn't that the thing you clean your bookshelf with?

Anyhow, most people would be shocked to learn that they pay mercedes prices for renaults, audi prices for vw polos, or even worse...Lamborghini and Porsche prices for Vw’s and Audi’s lol. These are all the same ladies wearing different dresses and makeup. Then the same people will argue ‘value’ with you re iphone vs android????

Edited by morneS555

Same with the fact that people pay Spaz prices for Meridas  :whistling:.

But I digress, Renault had some major issues and I take it they still do, reliability is key and it will take them many moons to resolve this IMO.

The much praised mercedes A, B and CLA classes are all Renaults btw lol. So are the mercedes smart cars. They are all renault Twingo's that got a facelift.

I dont mind them, i just dont think they are pretty cars so would never buy one. And the names....kwid, captur, duster? Isn't that the thing you clean your bookshelf with?
Anyhow, most people would be shocked to learn that they pay mercedes prices for renaults, audi prices for vw polos, or even worse...Lamborghini and Porsche prices for Vw’s and Audi’s lol. These are all the same ladies wearing different dresses and makeup. Then the same people will argue ‘value’ with you re iphone vs android

Rebranded Dacia, who cares, these keys with a Renault on could be a sandero key. Think we all just irritated the duster bakkie is not coming to SA.

I got a new respect for Renault after we klapped a large Kudu bull in the dark on the N3 highway at 120kmh in a 2003 Clio 3 years ago, the reason we bought the current Renault. All 3 walked away with little more than a few cuts and scrapes. Roof was caved in, car ended up in a concrete culvert as well. 14 year old car, all airbags deployed perfectly and we were safe.

More importantly, I hope you kept the kudu and made biltong?????

Anyhow, most people would be shocked to learn that they pay mercedes prices for renaults, audi prices for vw polos, or even worse...Lamborghini and Porsche prices for Vw’s and Audi’s lol. These are all the same ladies wearing different dresses and makeup. Then the same people will argue ‘value’ with you re iphone vs android

But at least when you buy the Audi, you get the Lambo engine and not the vee-dub one, and I would much rather drive a Audi with Lambo spec than a Renault with Dacia spec. Merc makes cars only for the well to heel. So, unless you are willing to fork out close to a bar (or more) for a car, then all you're really paying for is the badge. The manufacturing is left to someone else who cares.

Even the Merc bakkie was a Nissan in drag, unless you bought the top spec one where that one came with a merc engine and not a rebadged Nissan plant.

And now next year, the Ford Ranger and the VW Amarok will be built by Ford. Mazda BT50 will be a reshaped D-Max so it goes.

But really, who in their right mind would want an iAnything?

Being a rep I work on the road and do 1000s of km a year... I have almost owned EVERY BRAND under the sun! I now own a Renault Duster(almost 5 yrs old) and plan on paying it finished.. Not far to go...

I have had 0 issues... I was VERY SCEPTIC when i 1st considered 1...did LOADS of research... Spent DAYS!... ONLY HAD POSITIVE reviews from all the different magz and people who owned them.

Had to do my brakes in the beginning of last year. Renault quote was R5800... Had it done pvt cost me R1750.. With the discs and pads that renault and all other manufacturers buy from midas and re brands... Have had 0 issues... I am very happy. This is my 3rd car that i will fully own...and defn not planning on getting rid of it might just pass it on to mom and dad and get the new 1 in the next year or so...

BTW google Mercedes A class renault motor...

Nissan mp300 double cab engin

Mp200 engin...

Anyone who thinks any of the mass produced cars don't share parts with other brands is delusional.

Its very different though when one brands logos are removed and another brands logos are added, but nothing else is different.

BMW is at least still BMW. Unreliable and will bankrupt you when **** goes wrong outside of motorplan.

I'm pretty sure if one looks into it there is some cross sharing at BMW too.

I know the 1.6 Turbo motor used in the Mini was from one of the french brands.