Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

7 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Did I read this correctly or am i going crazy?

You actually compared Chapmans Peak to Afghanistan? Wowzers. My mind is actually blown. Wow.

To me, Chappies is actually one of the safest roads to ride a bike. For the most part, there are more bikes there than cars and it’s never busy besides cyclists. That is not a dangerous road. What happened was a reckless driver taking the law into his own hands and endangering everyone else. A dangerous road is Kalk Bay to Simons Town where there is no shoulder and it’s packed with cars. Chappies is the complete opposite of this.

You passed on information which is not factual to be factual. Next time if you can’t verify your info then dont post it. I’m not sure what sort of response you were expecting here?

Kalk bay to Simon’s town is an horrendous stretch of road. One has to be on the lookout for pedestrians, dogs, car guards, vagrants , car doors , cars pulling out in the flow without due care and observation, buses taxis , trucks, and all of this before some Swedish exchange student tries to kill you with her awesome looks!! That stretch of road needs warning signs. I use it as a warm up stretch and do intervals on red hill which tends to be quieter than other roads for obvious reasons. 
Cape Town suffers from over population and popularity. An influx of wealthy foreigners “working from home “ , frustrated locals and a lack of space. 
muizenberg line up had circa 250 surfers in the water at 6:30am…

everyone just needs to be lekker and get a stash of Jewies herbal remedy for anxiety 😂

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

Kalk bay to Simon’s town is an horrendous stretch of road. One has to be on the lookout for pedestrians, dogs, car guards, vagrants , car doors , cars pulling out in the flow without due care and observation, buses taxis , trucks, and all of this before some Swedish exchange student tries to kill you with her awesome looks!! That stretch of road needs warning signs. I use it as a warm up stretch and do intervals on red hill which tends to be quieter than other roads for obvious reasons. 
Cape Town suffers from over population and popularity. An influx of wealthy foreigners “working from home “ , frustrated locals and a lack of space. 
muizenberg line up had circa 250 surfers in the water at 6:30am…

everyone just needs to be lekker and get a stash of Jewies herbal remedy for anxiety 😂

I may have witnessed a few of those exchange students along that route.

Just now, NickGM said:

You should call your Harley "Dog". It's a cool name for a motorbike and I like symmetry.

Tsek :P

at least both the dog and the bike are both black and white ;)

38 minutes ago, Hairy said:

This is my dog Harley

ABLVV84P4-HEhOLug3LPtd44LgOPnUzleacvgSRvFOUqA_YQX12NJmox-URji8ZK3nMlPEpooGrLOg3eXS23_Cc6lPvZd6GOjv_3Fk65frj9cjTWvme2OUEFjGgZXMtdek5zBzR_q7HfMx_2V_M0vxpZ-0Pdjg5NBsoS5d-YGbvmupr5UP1ZaNJNJUqG2C4NcFh2eKC0bk3Bo75BdtYsBLNlCVOT8d7qtzWz5BZIVhajhp7_phxq9GaydIhoeT1n4gx6OvY_PJKiWKp6gj5sNvHwN883YAS5NlL9HZcG4jHbMGUHGoLBWYYA_06ciIP1YlNi6w3U123r3zUbfesm17BwBl6pTb8qCKU3guz2n-aV2gq57nGvSNmeRrcGpcyvXOwpzn8yogfSDrjGHHlqMmcZkm4qXu8pycpcNNeV1IVtjfr1uxBBeNCLr4sFVlQS6PAZfAnK8nYcwnYFqlsSiQcvRNGwouklJAbNVRyN-kn2MFRJ5DdFCZdYsDfRTrgZslYp_hgeSyKBr0GUe7dd4v-X4QhCsIwIBHzx9okDm-SMqrPztBbPeh9ceSpqSpV-Wj3NFZJfZK5cKqXWuFiQUSlkZkyjo8U90eoqLHqSbJcLueRxvxNTBRGQNxbjKFbXTnMMqOcR-RfMrlFjE78nRfX8VFhn4SFaCRVeihZVbpMkjLbQsN5EOfqEDvezkcaRg7XHGNpchLCqQR1OILy-le2ofmUzkFqFfNcagbXbD0pr41aGKkPCPnQLFHkTSqr9KIBgRptd_c7sgF-olml_YRsgknEg-WXqXBy6UAgrQYqgT6J4jqLyQ0s1KzFuNjnN9Wq5CfTwVhoVlIIgsiMUG5heJJ18PzN4zOrrCNGdQThy8i1hwRcLnsD5GIbU-rQ9baWQhGfyNlxiHptN8pD2F1bUizq15FKevgaNIDyrbKGSw79EJyNAMtN4Rg6jlnSuksU1n8eC1kB5ir6SMu7Ejng6E5Gy_0sUO_I=w716-h954-s-no-gm?authuser=0

This is my Harley

ABLVV848FfrY5kDzHxiPV6BuoA1TyVsJRKDfUOsxC0vx0KN0tenf5egYIV3KMazt7mpXigX5GLlWFj7HcGzb1TdeGIflvgDoEMzp4e3-bvxJ5bye8REAnp2J9IjMdS3Tw1ppVGveD2ZO5zGdvEuvPOHw7DBjm7PIu33BpjHeqziLEKYd08SExzxMR32gbf62HJ_bzAEMvPzVCjfY_7VaWojysj1E4mU1KDBglVm4b1qnbahgp34vKV9A9fPS0tJXz36RnKLHevhBJPtXtI_Y4594zddV_ZH7_iF8bYA34qW5WmSdlxWsYYUQwYhGM79kIE2ZK9B6XCHHd6fYqRdQlvyLXrQAyePC7ddZpkhhbCOyAKvAAfrldfuTHIrrTx7p_gRW15V4hFCT1D3QS7ozADLNIa8x_sXiLg3bERGjCCpsAClt9b-4ysJxb2zHN7rUmyJdKeFGraDDXt_BAQwCLatz7QQN80GnS6eVqkr7NqEFeZjT73rGUXLk7_yowL1ombqKeDxeNE3eZ_erUiCz1IskJcXWtemeplQE8sfl6uCoIScdn5Cr5YmsVmxC2ikQGcf6mNp5cY840ljkoawXvwwM0gWF8gAKMm6BrNklaHrW3kjXuco1UOezpEJp0Loy5RAhqQL8yf46v3Kc6J-LSv61V0hlvjMZe5ChBBNCq81WmpS-xC6iN4lOMU9DryYGBb63P8KR2YA7z9UT0XKcWFc445GHv919RhkDKw77zP4VM4_0EueyvybUmEMl9sGKSEyEbWRwswFqehqcQpaqmWtUsJYKQHXc_pkczdoEJS9OtL_BU0m5X83CY7XPv9IJabm-VftsAX7ZvLESbV-FwbUsQ_V2Ax2JdZ81q051YtsHsLBuQshE7Tjyt6-q8f7XDez0Mz7PtRdjrrDwuY7dHK8QfVyT484xjLdZhEUOUGZMKztufvU2WkIpoII6U5rY6WpXwtXtJp_4sPnIUfHFGrVtW9tunoaMSZo=w1272-h954-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Harley looks like the goodest boy!

BUT... we need to discuss that saddle bag.  Yoh.  hurts my eyes

saddlebag.webp

6 minutes ago, PygaSchmyga said:

Harley looks like the goodest boy!

BUT... we need to discuss that saddle bag.  Yoh.  hurts my eyes

saddlebag.webp

How dare you assume my dogs gender .... it is a "she" .. no dangle bits

image.png.58200182056ec0651d5d716e27f97892.png

No screen or luggage for your viewing pleasure
ABLVV86-Dzcbl2-JELqQN9lPOrvDbNHdx-HhHJbQXYp6MuZEP0Lge6pP3D2b2wv9Sg4T5ewqEzrAZRlxmrL385bkzJ_ZGgxOOuJvrDOtJltVSKkVYsJTufMMgyTEShTysBp3mhlaxbo8psPXYNi7fBWHtTkwrMD-8id_h8kQ7hDp55iphGjkj7KdZWtRHgEMT0_TRiKODp4DCsZLdelhPTqG_OHCqnVhe_2LsPkrtmT9d_Sc2zVaVU4lHiSSTz0V6NwSWdfo4S-hbSEeBQK4EL2GbZAY3c6hdiNz0eZJay2PZeU4LFeWcM7KCyEMR8-G-XRgmfpEGeUiqqcfGQBT662gfAFTh3yY9Y9mYavaOf-WtCyDBiGor5Kmh0bGtmEq8Pahjj_2RZbA-pjsox-wvd9_NaVAAvjOYHnhFRghqelRwOKEsfLqgCCNzG8IgveRnV6P0wnEN3NIjRj8CoECnTF4JaK518J_H16ow9vLJxWUbbYunYjCjW5WDqum3Bln-Xq3TUipmNpC8Y1Gx95lUvqncAagM1eq1Y9zugahjW-OQf6JfYTQO0b0rGgONAJpSU1ODqfX240z8Tt4E1j3eORg2NlNo67PVbo09tMnkZv5ZTWOfdC-g7CkcjVPm45oQE8w2qJhMllqwPv_NngbzJ5jo8H5axDFn89UtsTnA8wb_dGohMvBtP5zqpHwvyiire9tdQv_eSHHXhfFvGVvEmlu3dy_J4ASUz61VFtm0BsrA6scRqsl9qJ__F1BWHZExXsXAGEA_Eo0gTXLR88KSVwAQ_VbQhlU22bUJdSM97QBF9uKGXLYFABpcxizv21dmZ4NWMAb3kpeD3CPezG0OUHfCznEarWbgujYwYdh3si46xxM76GRKS18SwCXZv40ZhbpgQ_hBG0Pj_7SEvypoiLX9rKvB3ZTQjBBBiGr_AE0Lf7DVaVLNfzwXBjD7sohVkVvc7iYQjFJc1_h5tNmIJxjY4f24ad1w6tl=w694-h924-s-no-gm?authuser=0

22 hours ago, 117 said:

To add some info: I'm on a biker group that has a connection to the rider that hit the cyclist. 

13 hours ago, 117 said:

My opening remark is as it stands, I am connected to a riding group that knows the motorbike driver. To what huge implication do you refer?

As I see it, the cyclist was coming downhill. If he was on the wrong side of the white line at massive speed, he would have hit the biker. (As in the same way Egan Bernal got injured by hitting a stationary bus).

Incredibly nuanced and maybe I am reading too much into it, but the implication in the way you deliver it is that the motorbiker was at fault in a head on collision. Maybe this was totally unintentional and not the case at all, but was hard for me to ignore once I saw it. The chance exists that the collision took place on the downhill or uphill side of the solid line.  They could also both have been at fault. I have high confidence that we will get the actual story here.

Just now, RustyHWR said:

Jinne, gee die ding kos asseblief??????

She is a sprinter, girl can move faster than those sport bikes and def. faster than you going downhill with the wind on your back old man :P

2 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

As I see it, the cyclist was coming downhill. If he was on the wrong side of the white line at massive speed, he would have hit the biker. (As in the same way Egan Bernal got injured by hitting a stationary bus).

Incredibly nuanced and maybe I am reading too much into it, but the implication in the way you deliver it is that the motorbiker was at fault in a head on collision. Maybe this was totally unintentional and not the case at all, but was hard for me to ignore once I saw it. The chance exists that the collision took place on the downhill or uphill side of the solid line.  They could also both have been at fault. I have high confidence that we will get the actual story here.

There is eye witnesses who saw the biker overtake a beige Toyota Landcruiser on a sold white line at the time of the accident, so it seems the biker was at fault here, not the poor cyclist currently in ICU and with his bicycle hanging halfway up the cliff face against the retention fence.

1 minute ago, Hairy said:

She is a sprinter, girl can move faster than those sport bikes and def. faster than you going downhill with the wind on your back old man :P

This toppie will still teach you a thing or two on my hardtail going downhill.

2 minutes ago, RustyHWR said:

This toppie will still teach you a thing or two on my hardtail going downhill.

Thank you uncle :P

3 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

There is eye witnesses who saw the biker overtake a beige Toyota Landcruiser on a sold white line at the time of the accident, so it seems the biker was at fault here, not the poor cyclist currently in ICU and with his bicycle hanging halfway up the cliff face against the retention fence.

ja, you may well be right.  but. the motorbike group claim they were not doing that. I don't find it implausible that the cyclist took the tight corner wide whilst going downhill. Either way, someone is not telling the truth.

Neither you nor I were there. If that eyewitness makes a solid statement to police then it would be hard to ignore. I'm guessing there could be enough evidence on the tarmac and resting place of vehicles, bodies and parts for a forensic expert to work it out without conflicting eyewitness reports.

There was an incident recently in silvermine. Dog got run over by sanparks vehicle. eyewitness (dog walker) claimed it was reckless and killed the dog. Owner not there and kicked up a huge fuss about negligence, understandably people get very emotional when someone's pet has died so pitchforks were sharpened quickly. Sanparks looked into it, vehicle travelling 8km/h according to GPS when passing. Turns out the dog was quite old, so maybe just got a fright and that was the end.  but the pitchfork brigade now saying that clearly Sanparks manipulated GPS data to absolve themselves (but seemingly don't have a report from vet or blood/injuries anywhere). That's my roundabout way of asking, do motorbikes often have GPS trackers on them, either for sport or theft tracking? That would be a reliable way to find out who is talking porkies about the incident.

34 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

ja, you may well be right.  but. the motorbike group claim they were not doing that. I don't find it implausible that the cyclist took the tight corner wide whilst going downhill. Either way, someone is not telling the truth.

Neither you nor I were there. If that eyewitness makes a solid statement to police then it would be hard to ignore. I'm guessing there could be enough evidence on the tarmac and resting place of vehicles, bodies and parts for a forensic expert to work it out without conflicting eyewitness reports.

There was an incident recently in silvermine. Dog got run over by sanparks vehicle. eyewitness (dog walker) claimed it was reckless and killed the dog. Owner not there and kicked up a huge fuss about negligence, understandably people get very emotional when someone's pet has died so pitchforks were sharpened quickly. Sanparks looked into it, vehicle travelling 8km/h according to GPS when passing. Turns out the dog was quite old, so maybe just got a fright and that was the end.  but the pitchfork brigade now saying that clearly Sanparks manipulated GPS data to absolve themselves (but seemingly don't have a report from vet or blood/injuries anywhere). That's my roundabout way of asking, do motorbikes often have GPS trackers on them, either for sport or theft tracking? That would be a reliable way to find out who is talking porkies about the incident.

doubt a motorbike of that age would have a tracker in it, there is a much better chance that the cyclist had some sort of GPS device tracking his ride. Also someone mentioned it was an ebike

GPS data wont assist you with position of the bike due to inaccuracy and even if it shows he was speeding doesn't imply fault. 

If the eyewitness reports are accurate then it seems the moto guy was in the wrong lane over a solid line. 

As others have said, CP is a stupid road to ride fast on a motorbike. As a somewhat reformed sports car driver, I can confirm that twisty roads with dual lanes are the most fun to drive and ride. Rhodes Drive, CP and no doubt FP are not such roads and were never much fun to drive because of the traffic.

Trying to have a fun speedy ride or drive  around CP when its full on cycling season is just plain stupid.