Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

1 hour ago, DJuice said:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/round-up-15-olympic-edition-bikes.html

Between the Trek and the Liv.

Like the Trek very much, a play on my dream paint job, Kalahari Sunrise.

What I like about the Trek and the Scott, is they're doing something different with the rear suspension. Everything else looks quite dated now.

It's like on the road, everything looks old and tired with the dropped seat stays.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow first time I am seeing this course. Simply amazing IMHO. Way better than any WC course. Never in a World Cup have I thought "ooh I'd like to ride this course". But this one I want to ride all day...

Seems like socks weren't part of the kit order LOL... Nice little touch by BMC on Nics frame, same as that of Marc Pritzen who is the current SA Champ.

Also, knowing how some of the Pro's are about the fit of their kit, I'm not too sure if Nic and Ryan will be happy, Kit looks big/loose around the collarbone areas, and Nic looks like he's borrowed Viviani's Cofidis helmet LOL

IMG-20210723-WA0042.jpg

IMG-20210723-WA0043.jpg

IMG-20210723-WA0044.jpg

Edited by FootballingCyclist

stefan with lekker aero sleeves and nic not?

notice difference on leg cuffs too... seems tailor made? lol

4 minutes ago, babse said:

Maybe they did get training and racing kit? Like the soccer or whatever get practise and match kits?

4 minutes ago, babse said:

Surprised Nic has the bands though as he was never an SA champ.

Ryan also doesn't have the Aero sleeves, Perhaps that's just their preference.

4 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Maybe they did get training and racing kit? Like the soccer or whatever get practise and match kits?

possible...

I do think kit looks half decent tho 

Just now, Jewbacca said:

I actually FULLY agree with you.

Had this discussion the other day while out in the water. Absolutely no slating from me!

Personally I do not like the idea .. is it not like using a flight simulator instead of flying a real plane ? 

I also read somewhere that bigger taller surfers like Jordy for example does not like it as much as the smaller guys (Kelly Slater) do.

Just now, dsw said:

Personally I do not like the idea .. is it not like using a flight simulator instead of flying a real plane ? 

I also read somewhere that bigger taller surfers like Jordy for example does not like it as much as the smaller guys (Kelly Slater) do.

I think that has to do with power... I can see it being an issue for the bigger guys as wave pools are a bit like surfing wind swell. No 'real' pulse behind it, even if it's overhead

Does anybody know why Meintjes is not in the Olympic team?

Surely the route suits him more then it suits Ryan for example.

Maybe he was not available? 

2 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

I know I'm going to get slated for this but I reckon Surfing at the Olympics should be a wavepool event. Those pools are popping up everywhere and making it a pool event means taking it inland.

The Olympics isn't exactly in the "spirit" of surfing anyway so may as well go full hog and have it in a pool. You could even have a best of 3 format. Day 1 tubes. Day 2 Shredding (no airs) Day 3 Airshow.

I thought this is how they would implement it but instead its more  a case of utilising suitable facilities that already exist in country. So If SA was to host and lets say Bloemfontein was the host city then one of the coastal cities would host some of the aquatic sports like surfing, sailing or oter sports where flat water is not a prerequisite.

32 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Seems like socks weren't part of the kit order LOL... Nice little touch by BMC on Nics frame, same as that of Marc Pritzen who is the current SA Champ.

Also, knowing how some of the Pro's are about the fit of their kit, I'm not too sure if Nic and Ryan will be happy, Kit looks big/loose around the collarbone areas, and Nic looks like he's borrowed Viviani's Cofidis helmet LOL

IMG-20210723-WA0042.jpg

IMG-20210723-WA0043.jpg

IMG-20210723-WA0044.jpg

I like the kit and the cut and material of the kit looks familiar....

11 minutes ago, dsw said:

Not quite the same thing though as you still have to ride a board on a wave and get wet. There isn't as much push on the artifical waves (just try Sun City vs say Bats Cave) but this can be compensated for by the choice of board and its volume. That is part of the game 

13 minutes ago, dsw said:

Does anybody know why Meintjes is not in the Olympic team?

Surely the route suits him more then it suits Ryan for example.

Maybe he was not available? 

That's what i thought, and he got a 7th at the 2016 Games, i would've thought he would've been the 1st name on the list. 

Perhaps he never made himself available and focused solely on the Tdf.