Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

8 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

I thought that was a rule anyway, but it makes perfect sense. it's the ultimate PK...

Apparently the Danish rider thought he'd crashed into the circulating GB rider, hence his being angry.

denmark vs ganna for gold... should be excellent

Ganna dragging the Italians for 2 laps to win was incredible!

Should be an awesome final...

Edited by Eldron

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Vetplant said:

CSIR is set-up as a research body. The KPR's of individuals drive them to publish research, they are not driven for real-world results.

The real-world successes come when the Private Sector joins them on a project.

Unfortunately, the private partner on that 3D printer went bust. So the printer has been idling for about 3 years now.

Sounds like around the same time as I saw them presenting at a conference. And here I thought they'd been progressing over the last 3 years... ????‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Sounds like around the same time as I saw them presenting at a conference. And here I thought they'd been progressing over the last 3 years... ????‍♂️

All is not lost, look at this.

http://www.aditiv.solutions/

The employees that got shafted by the folding of the private company started their own thing with the knowledge gained.

2021-08-03 14_23_28-Window.png

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/08/denmarks-pursuit-team-shin-tape-uci-rule-loophole-or-team-wide-shin-injury/

In other news, the Danish team went to a bmx park just before the track races and all caught pedals in the shins. Video footage was deleted for being too graphic and traumatic towards cyclists, forcing them to relive their painful memories of pedal to shin strikes. Thankfully, the entire team was able to make speedy recoveries with the help of kinesio tape....

23 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/08/denmarks-pursuit-team-shin-tape-uci-rule-loophole-or-team-wide-shin-injury/

In other news, the Danish team went to a bmx park just before the track races and all caught pedals in the shins. Video footage was deleted for being too graphic and traumatic towards cyclists, forcing them to relive their painful memories of pedal to shin strikes. Thankfully, the entire team was able to make speedy recoveries with the help of kinesio tape....

well kudos to them... I hope it won't affect them too badly, seeing as they won their first qualifier in olympic record time and had caught the GB team in the following round. it would be truly terrible to see such a dominant team get flummoxed by such a rookie mistake.

hopefully after all their trials, tribulations, and dare I say it, whinging, the GB team manage to win their next race and finish a very creditable (for them) 7th. or in proper-speak, second last.

sarcasm aside, i doubt very much whether a strip of sticky plaster led to such a dominant Danish performance. though dominant seems somewhat of an understatement. even in round 1, their 3000m time was almost a second faster than the next best time. if it were a cricket match, they're have beaten GB by an innings and 10 wickets. just a pity they weren't looking where they were going...

6 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

Carlton Kirby really can be a cretin at times!

z in DuPreez is silent!

Once tweeted him on how to say Van Zyl on the Vuelta and he banned me.

100% agree. but better than (our own) gerald de kock and aussie woman

spare a thought for those of us watching le Mans in a few weeks where Carlton is unleashed in full force for hours and hours.

Rochelle Gilmore .. ex roadie and ex owner of that Wiggle High 5 team. Yeah she was also at Rio and really out of her depth at the mtb events, not sure about track. But Gerald is relatively informed, certainly mtb and road.

With Carlton on Eurosport is Jo Rowsell, part of the meal winning Team GB previously, she is great.

Carlton is your typical Mr Know It All, irritates the tits off me, But who am I 2 complain,