• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Lies!!!

Savage never start in $, They drop back to 2A and pull 3000 riders to sub 3

Not true, Waldo photobombed me the whole race, all the pics I got I'm half dying and he's posing with a chilled smile 🤣

Edited by Jbr

14 hours ago, Jbr said:

for 2021 I was 9,24 after that winelands race where I almost froze to death and crashed at 40kph in the rain. Worth it !

I think you got into $ by the skin of your teeth... Also likely because many didn't have any recent races and you did Winelands swimming gala...
To be safe, < 7 I would think.

For those with good seedings over the age of 40, you will get put in the age group, but can then request $ along with your proof of Elite CSA racing license. Those younger than 40 should get $ automatically. 

1 minute ago, bleedToWin said:

I think you got into $ by the skin of your teeth... Also likely because many didn't have any recent races and you did Winelands swimming gala...
To be safe, < 7 I would think.

For those with good seedings over the age of 40, you will get put in the age group, but can then request $ along with your proof of Elite CSA racing license. Those younger than 40 should get $ automatically. 

100%, I think my number was like 199 or something so probably one of the last of the first batch, but then some were moved from 1A to $ later on.

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Lies!!!

At boland 100 miler they dropped to cat C and viciously broke idiots like me who got carried away in the first 15 mins and forgot that they old and slow

30 minutes ago, babse said:

I accept, 1A it is.

didn't your 2021 result improve your seeding towards the 2022 ?

18 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

Racing as much as you can before CTCT. Few road races that count towards your seeding will naturally help your start group. The closer you finish to the winner of each race's time, the better your seeding will be. But it's very unlikely you'll just waltz into $ batch without any racing results behind your name.

Good luck! 

Thanks again for that one @Pure Savage

4 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Lies!!!

ha ha, you did make a tough day a lot better with that comment. appreciate it.

4 hours ago, Jbr said:

Not true, Waldo photobombed me the whole race, all the pics I got I'm half dying and he's posing with a chilled smile 🤣

The reason we put Savages in $ and @ is so I don't have to sit on their wheels in the red all day in 1A.

Edited by Pure Savage

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

At boland 100 miler they dropped to cat C and viciously broke idiots like me who got carried away in the first 15 mins and forgot that they old and slow

There may be some Savages this weekend in C at the Sportif. 🤠

Hi all

Doing my first CTCT next year after doing my first RideJoburg this year 🙂

Entry and flight tickets from JHB already booked... 

Being a newby at this, what is the best way to get my bike there and back in 1 piece.

My airline said I can book it in as checked luggage, but it needs to comply with the size limits which I highly doubt it will...

Thanks in advance!