Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

Just now, Jase619 said:

Yeah, but it wasn't an "Argus" bottle. 

How will people know i did the race if i don't have a bottle to show off? 

it was a PnP bottle and mask? 

...because it hasn't been the Argus for years

...it's the Pick n Pay Cape Town cycle tour now

😅

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, KingZA said:

Oh that's easy, you need to keep your race number on your bike for 6 months after the event

Or those old bike park or start card stickers that took that long to remove...

37 minutes ago, MORNE said:

it was a PnP bottle and mask? 

...because it hasn't been the Argus for years

...it's the Pick n Pay Cape Town cycle tour now

😅

Haha, usually the bottle says Cape Town Cycle Tour on it, and is usually brandished heavily in the Free State in the months after the race as a mark of honour.

Think any sort of Cape Epic swag.

9 minutes ago, KingZA said:

Oh that's easy, you need to keep your race number on your bike for 6 months after the event

Or the Board that is zip tied to your handlebars.

2 hours ago, DJR said:

Just shows how stupid a thing the curfew has been for quite some time now.

Impractical for sure, but I did feel a whole lot safer on early morning rides when I didn't have to worry too much about late night revellers still on the road ...

11 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Impractical for sure, but I did feel a whole lot safer on early morning rides when I didn't have to worry too much about late night revellers still on the road ...

This.

Drunk driving and accidents climbed dramatically after the curfew was dropped. People are rubbish

32 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Well even if no "goodie" bag(hardly anything good about them), atleast we will have a maze to walk through just to try and exit....

20220114_110016.jpg

See it as your sacrifice for the greater good of the sport you love 😜

We need events like the CTCT to be successful with the cycling options on the calendar getting scarcer every year.

1 hour ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Well even if no "goodie" bag(hardly anything good about them), atleast we will have a maze to walk through just to try and exit....

20220114_110016.jpg

the gallery setup they used in Oct21 worked so much better imo. hope they do it that way again. no more maze.

10 minutes ago, MORNE said:

the gallery setup they used in Oct21 worked so much better imo. hope they do it that way again. no more maze.

Doubt it will be the same as 2021 because they're back to full on expo.

1 hour ago, Skubarra said:

See it as your sacrifice for the greater good of the sport you love 😜

We need events like the CTCT to be successful with the cycling options on the calendar getting scarcer every year.

Hahaha yeah was just ruffling up some feathers. I don't really care much for a goodie bag to be honest, most of the stuff I have received I've never used  actually and it's been laying in my cycling spares box since the day I got them. 

On the race calendar front, seems we have quite a full calendar here in CT if you take part in the WP Winter League which is great to see.

1 hour ago, Skubarra said:

Bit off topic .... :offtopic:

I am looking for cycling events (MTB) in the Western Cape for 2022.  Seems most of the 2019 entry email chains have dried up ... hardly any notifications of upcoming events

Google suggested I also consult CSA ... uhm jea right ....

CSA.JPG.db070893d498b17b56eaa2d80d365870.JPG

Even Pedal Power says :  "No event found!"

If there are any such threads, that are active, please post a link.  THANKS

I hope they make a bigger effort in making the experience for those that arrive by bike better. It has been the bare minimum for years. There is a bike park, which you then have to trek from etc.

There should be incentive to coming by bike, maybe a nice coffee, underground parking, no need for a trek to number collect etc.