Tour de France 2022

'Dale

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Plentipotential said:

Watching Pidcock going downhill is like watching ballet on a bicycle. 

Absolutely , he is so accurate on those bends at hitting the apex and then accelerating. A typical MTB  rider strategy  . The next two days with mountain top finishes will be the decider . I just hope Main Cheese doesn't chase for the KOM but rather cement his GC position as low down as possible. Im also a big JV supporter so lets see if their end game plays out .  

5 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Only movistar and Netflix understand Movistar tactics

Movistar need a genuine GC contender....

15 hours ago, mikkelz said:

Meintjes just managed to hold onto 7th place, despite losing some time. 😅

And we got to see his Achilles heel again yesterday. Puts in one big attack and then can’t recover fast enough and gets dropped from the main contenders when it really counts. If Sepp could be up there after working so much all day then he should have at least been able to stay with Sepp.

Edited by BuffsVintageBikes
spell

13 hours ago, FirstV8 said:

Absolutely , he is so accurate on those bends at hitting the apex and then accelerating. A typical MTB  rider strategy  . The next two days with mountain top finishes will be the decider . I just hope Main Cheese doesn't chase for the KOM but rather cement his GC position as low down as possible. Im also a big JV supporter so lets see if their end game plays out .  

I don't think he has ever had the polka dots as a target.

He only got KOM points on a single stage the way to going for a stage win/GC improvement, two days later he was in the break for 140km and didn't even go for any of the cat3 climbs, but instead worked with team mates to keep the break ahead and get time.

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

And we got to see his Achilles heel again yesterday. Puts in one big attack and then can’t recover fast enough and gets dropped from the main contenders when it really counts. If Sepp could be up there after working so much all day then he should have at least been able to stay with Sepp.

Yeah, not sure that attack was ever going to be worth it (easy to say in hindsight, but still).

Yoh, this pic by Jered Gruber of yesterday’s victor in Hugo Houle makes me want to go train, hey. 🥰

Today is forecasted to be a cooler 25 degrees with some cloud cover. The peloton will welcome this relatively easier conditions to climb in.

We can expect another breakaway win today as the GC battle will be far more tactical. My head says that an Ineos ambush may be likely today. My heart hopes that Uràn Uràn can outclimb everyone today.

84221D73-C558-42DA-8751-05FAE45F8CA9.jpeg

15 hours ago, FirstV8 said:

Top 10 at the Tour trumps any Polka jersey.