Tour de France 2022

'Dale

On 6/20/2022 at 6:57 AM, Knersboy said:

Highlights can be accessed without a VPN, but if you wanna watch tdf live on GCN then you need to follow Frosty’s advice.

After the tour de suisse it seems the obstacles at this years tour are gonna be the three C’s. Cobbles, climbs and covid.

how long are their daily HL packages normally, do they have a sort of standard time they normally make the TdF HL package available, based on previous yrs.

G

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/19/2022 at 9:35 PM, Frosty said:

You’ll need a VPN, if viewing GCN+ in SA for the Tour. With that payTV having rights, you’ll need to be “elsewhere in the world” to watch.

curious, they using IP based blocking or based on your payment card/details ?

which VPN you using ?

G

ok, stupid me, installed the app on apple tv. go down to settings, then subscription, (can see I'm going to enable a VPN for my home network soon...)

it's saying Annual Free, rEgistered, but how do I subscribe.

Is there a "TV Guide" of sort. where you can tag what you want to want. to be reminded it's about to start ?

G

PS: off to Berg and Bush in a couple of hours, so will respond on Monday when I get back.

Edited by awesme

1 hour ago, awesme said:

curious, they using IP based blocking or based on your payment card/details ?

which VPN you using ?

G

I used my credit card as the service is available in SA, but has certain races blocked. For Eurosport you need to use an EU-based credit card. I used my brother’s card for a month access (Eurosport) to try it out first, shortly before GCN+ launched.

I’m using NordVPN, so it shows my IP address is UK based, or any other country I need to be in.

2 hours ago, awesme said:

how long are their daily HL packages normally, do they have a sort of standard time they normally make the TdF HL package available, based on previous yrs.

G

There’s a selection:

3-4 minutes
Final Km
20-25 minutes
Full broadcast.

Desktop is better than the mobile app, to show the range of highlights.

You'll see Short Highlights, Extended Highlights, Post Race Interviews, as well as the full race.
On days where I can't watch live, and I don't want to know the results, I would scrub to about an hour out and watch "delayed live"from there.

image.png.71dcae178db0dcf35610bfdeff82fcdb.png

image.png.91f435e8371549748cbc6e53a06bb7fe.png

Then you usually have 12 months'worth of history to view, before it disappears from the online catalog.

image.png.6c52590ec1b8b2b35614e7d26b8108d5.png

53 minutes ago, awesme said:

ok, stupid me, installed the app on apple tv. go down to settings, then subscription, (can see I'm going to enable a VPN for my home network soon...)

it's saying Annual Free, rEgistered, but how do I subscribe.

Is there a "TV Guide" of sort. where you can tag what you want to want. to be reminded it's about to start ?

G

PS: off to Berg and Bush in a couple of hours, so will respond on Monday when I get back.

TV guide - yes (it's under upcoming race, or the past if you need to go back).
Reminder - no (see message below about a future event not being able to add to My List).

image.png.fb2f67e491ce11dfe5bccd802dceea89.png

15 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I reckon this is on like donkey kong.

Races within races.... I'm expecting this one to be the most exciting

I just hope Wout is allowed enough time off from baby sitting the GC's to be a serious contender for the green jersey.

16 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I just hope Wout is allowed enough time off from baby sitting the GC's to be a serious contender for the green jersey.

With Laporte in the team it shows that they are even giving HIM support.

They have said it is a goal this year, so it wouldn't make sense to say 'It's a goal' and then not allow him to go balls deep to achieve it. 

Guys forget how well Tiesj Benoot was riding early season too. 

The smaller teams these days definitely do make the bid for 2 jerseys more challenging. I like it

With Wout chasing Green, it is conceivable that JV can possibly walk away with all the Jerseys, IF they can beat Pog...

It has been the case that the winner of the race has been able to pocket the Polka Dot by just chasing Yellow. If Vingegaard is above Pog, it means White is secured. Then Wout bringing home the Green, possibly.

BUT, it doesn't help you chase all of them and lose Yellow.  Thus, I'd think Yellow trumps all other ambitions. So get that in the bank and then the rest can chase the other jerseys.

Besides Darel Impey, who is the other SA's in the tour this year?

Edit:

Darel Impey

Louis Meintjies

Reinardt jv Rensburg ?

Nicolas Dlamini ?

Edited by TheoG

6 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Besides Darel Impey, who is the other SA's in the tour this year?

Edit:

Darel Impey - Yes

Louis Meintjies - Should be have not seen the team release

Reinardt jv Rensburg - Yes

Nicolas Dlamini ? - No

Holding out for Stefan de Bod.