Absolute black chainrings

9 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Wheelsize not really a debate anymore, think there was a clear winner on that one... 😜

Well I have a 26er with a round chainring and I'm just as fast as people on 29ers with oval rings so I disagree........... 😶

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/15/2021 at 9:49 PM, J Wakefield said:

AB make an incredible product that are all based off research and fact based. 

chainrings work and do what they say, they last and their chain lube is Next level 

I have listened to their "Science" and it is literally beyond this Universe

12 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Well I have a 26er with a round chainring and I'm just as fast as people on 29ers with oval rings so I disagree........... 😶

What did Eldron say on that other thread - one exception to the rule doesn't make the rule invalid 😜

Just now, Skubarra said:

What did Eldron say on that other thread - one exception to the rule doesn't make the rule invalid 😜

But my anecdotal science fact is faultless!!!!

On 12/17/2021 at 9:29 AM, DieselnDust said:

I have listened to their "Science" and it is literally beyond this Universe

It’s from Slovenia, A lot closer than the universe 

57 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

It’s from Slovenia, A lot closer than the universe 

The hardware maybe,  But the claims definitely out of this world

On 12/15/2021 at 5:32 PM, Jewbacca said:

YES!! The 'oval vs round' debate! As timeless as the wheelsize debate, disc brake vs rim brake roadie debate and my favourite, the 'all you really need is a rigid SS' vs dual suss debate!

Cue the anecdotal pseudo science replies!

Day made........... 

Chainrings = to be faster

Wheelsize = to be faster

Disk brakes = to be slower

Rigid SS  = to be slower

Only 2 of the above are worth debating.

:ph34r:

Edited by Christie

• 8 months later...

https://absoluteblack.cc/graphenpads-worlds-best-disc-brake-pads-disc-34-dura-ace

at which point does the marketing starts smelling like BS ? I mean I was this close from buying their wax then I realised I'm pretty happy with normal wax that I buy from takealot. Chainrings well.. I've got oval on the MTB and round on the road, I wouldn't go back to ovals for the road but on the MTB why not. But 60$ graphene brake pads ?? I mean they already have a 600$ cage that's heavier than the standard dura ace cage and saves you 2watts but this isn't going to save you anything, I wonder why anyone would want anything else than the regular break pads 😄

Edited by Jbr

4 minutes ago, Jbr said:

https://absoluteblack.cc/graphenpads-worlds-best-disc-brake-pads-disc-34-dura-ace

at which point does the marketing starts smelling like BS ? I mean I was this close from buying their wax then I realised I'm pretty happy with normal wax that I buy from takealot. Chainrings well.. I've got oval on the MTB and round on the road, I wouldn't go back to ovals for the road but on the MTB why not. But 60$ graphene brake pads ?? I mean they already have a 600$ cage that's heavier than the standard dura ace cage and saves you 2watts but this isn't going to save you anything, I wonder why anyone would want anything else than the regular break pads 😄

Absolute Crap at it again....straight away I just know its BS

on the one hand Graphene is the slickest substance for lubes on the other its the grippiest substance for brake pads. MMM make up your minds what is sticky or slicky