Anywhere to ride this weekend which isn’t Jurassic Park or a proper mud bath?

OVERDRIVE

26 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Highway side of wolwe is boder line ( Some pools and soggy patches ) 

Hillside is bone dry 

I must say Wolwespruit drains surprisingly well for the amount of shade. 

I might have seen you there before - I visit quite regularly.

Cowhouse and Rosemary I have both done in the wet and in future will avoid at all cost. The Aloe & Thorns section at Rosemary becomes totally unrideable.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Rolf Hansen said:

I must say Wolwespruit drains surprisingly well for the amount of shade. 

I might have seen you there before - I visit quite regularly.

Cowhouse and Rosemary I have both done in the wet and in future will avoid at all cost. The Aloe & Thorns section at Rosemary becomes totally unrideable.

YOu may very well have , I work in the shop too ...sooo there's that

Thaba doesn’t get too muddy because it’s all hills 😆 Plus we’ve had sun yesterday and the today and tomorrow are sunny too so it should bake all that chocolate mousse a bit 👌

2 minutes ago, Dazzy said:

Thaba doesn’t get too muddy because it’s all hills 😆 Plus we’ve had sun yesterday and the today and tomorrow are sunny too so it should bake all that chocolate mousse a bit 👌

Very true, it drains pretty well there! I rode yesterday and just one muddy patch that wasn't even that bad. No rain since then so it'll be even better as you say if the predicted weather is correct on INaccuweather and we have a cracker few days ahead 😎

FB_IMG_1642737149029.jpg

10 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Well that would then be very possible 😁

I have no idea what you look like so we might never know for sure...

Living in Cape Town I'm just looking for anywhere to ride this weekend where it won't be 40 deg C plus. We're in for a scorcher, and the last couple of weekends have all been the same. Toasty. Riding is a huge challenge in such conditions. To be honest, I'd love me some rain about now.

9 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Living in Cape Town I'm just looking for anywhere to ride this weekend where it won't be 40 deg C plus. We're in for a scorcher, and the last couple of weekends have all been the same. Toasty. Riding is a huge challenge in such conditions. To be honest, I'd love me some rain about now.

Becareful what you wish for...

On 1/20/2022 at 9:21 PM, BaGearA said:

Did you ask a guy at the shop today if he has an old Cannondale Habit?

Did Van Gaalen yesterday. Sadly we both punctured due to getting lost and had to hike the river trail back. Everything we rode was plenty dry with only the river being proper siff in places. 

But… wtf is VG’s problem with putting up proper signage on their trails. Jeepers. 

36 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Did Van Gaalen yesterday. Sadly we both punctured due to getting lost and had to hike the river trail back. Everything we rode was plenty dry with only the river being proper siff in places. 

But… wtf is VG’s problem with putting up proper signage on their trails. Jeepers. 

Thanks for the warning. At Fast One a marshal didn’t tell us to turn left and we did a free 4km for nothing 😡😡