The PRO Gravel Thread

'Dale

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FondTF2 said:

Valtteri Bottas got 2nd in the shorter (72km) Wafer ride.

Glad they have a shorter distance to get the boyfriends into the sport while they wait for their partners to finish the main event.

EDIT: Facts getting in the way here. Tiffany raced the day before.

20 hours ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Well, you run the risk of getting in trouble, I am not sure exactly how because I am very new here but I am sure someone else can confirm. Personally I would rather stay in CSA's good books as I am dreaming big haha

I always thought it was only for non sanctioned road cycling events that your road cycling license prevents you from entering?

44 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

I always thought it was only for non sanctioned road cycling events that your road cycling license prevents you from entering?

I am not sure, I am very new to the whole thing and it all seems a bit weird. 

2 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Nope a couple of mtb'ers got sanctioned for participating in the K2C event 3 or 4 years ago. The one that that stood out was a female mountain biker that I think refused to pay the fine and instead donated the equivalent of the fine to a SPCA or some other charity organization. 

I've also not seen her on the race scene since, at least CSA sanctioned events that is. I believe this race i.e. K2C was targeted because of the refusal to pay the CSA Sanctioned/Day license fees and in turn increase the entry fee to the event. I'm pretty sure I've done a couple non CSA-Sanctioned events over the years without being penalized. 

1 minute ago, milky4130 said:

I've also not seen her on the race scene since, at least CSA sanctioned events that is. I believe this race i.e. K2C was targeted because of the refusal to pay the CSA Sanctioned/Day license fees and in turn increase the entry fee to the event. I'm pretty sure I've done a couple non CSA-Sanctioned events over the years without being penalized. 

maybe it was before you turned full pro hence you weren't on their radar 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Nope a couple of mtb'ers got sanctioned for participating in the K2C event 3 or 4 years ago. The one that that stood out was a female mountain biker that I think refused to pay the fine and instead donated the equivalent of the fine to a SPCA or some other charity organization. 

MTB licensed riders sanctioned for doing non sanctioned MTB events is coherent with my theory of road riders (Sid) being barred from non sanctioned road events only but being free to ride MTB or gravel events of any nature...

Not sure if it is the case, but your example is not a counter example to my theory.

8 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

MTB licensed riders sanctioned for doing non sanctioned MTB events is coherent with my theory of road riders (Sid) being barred from non sanctioned road events only but being free to ride MTB or gravel events of any nature...

Not sure if it is the case, but your example is not a counter example to my theory.

Ah I see what you mean, apologies. as you were then.

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

The sanctioning thing only applies to those holding a full racing license, ie elite and age categories that gain points. Not a general license/membership.

23 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

So word on the street is a bunch of roadie license holders got sanctions from CSA today 

5 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

So word on the street is a bunch of roadie license holders got sanctions from CSA today 

[Frantically checks email...]

Related to a specific event?