• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/6/2022 at 1:07 PM, Jewbacca said:

I guess that's it. Desirable? Niche? 

'Better' is none of these

Desirable and niche can be fixed: price hike. We're well-aware of the psychology of "more expensive must mean better", but we choose to pitch our bikes where we do and work hard to ensure we offer great value on great bikes across our range.

This year alone we've won J2C (every stage!), podiumed CTCT, won PEPlett, won Karoo Brun, won Karoo Dirt, won a stage at Tour de Cap, and, most importantly, brought smiles to people's faces all over trails and tar in South Africa, and increasingly more, over the world. 

Greater things to come!

PS. Thanks for your earlier positive comment and feedback on our bikes. 👊

21 hours ago, swingTOpeddle said:

Having now ridden one and seeing the absolute value offered I truly couldn’t find anything coming close in value. I bought my wife the RS Carbon Pro this week and the kit on there again couldn’t be found on any other bicycle. 

Welcome to the family! 👍

18 minutes ago, Titan Racing Bikes said:

Desirable and niche can be fixed: price hike. We're well-aware of the psychology of "more expensive must mean better", but we choose to pitch our bikes where we do and work hard to ensure we offer great value on great bikes across our range.

This year alone we've won J2C (every stage!), podiumed CTCT, won PEPlett, won Karoo Brun, won Karoo Dirt, won a stage at Tour de Cap, and, most importantly, brought smiles to people's faces all over trails and tar in South Africa, and increasingly more, over the world. 

Greater things to come!

PS. Thanks for your earlier positive comment and feedback on our bikes. 👊

I'm a huge fan of your bikes. The Cypher I had is hands down the best bike I ever owned and the ride quality is amazing.

I can't wait until my Grom grows up enough to start getting him on one of those sexy Hades disc 20"!

Looking forward to drooling over the next drop

2 minutes ago, Titan Racing Bikes said:

Just going to leave this here for you...

DSC01896.jpg

I spent 2 weeks convincing myself I don't need to upgrade my bike. Yesterday someone posted a pic of that blue and black Cypher RS Carbon Pro 2022. Now I am back to square one looking at how to trade in my current bike...

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing wrong with Titan Racing Bikes.

I spent R30k of my hard earned cash on a brand new Cypher RS Dash and I couldn't be any happier. Mates with R50k and R70k bikes cannot do anything that I cannot do with my Cypher, we go on the same routes and enjoy the trails all the same.

The only things that aren't all that great are the lockout levers, and they're xfusion. The front works well, plastic but locks confidently. The rear is an aluminum one but doesn't stay locked for long... Small price to pay for a brand new bike at that price range.

Things that are great about it? Everything else... Despite only having 100mm travel (RS spec) can still do the little jumps and plough over rocks at Big Red Barn, it feels comfortable and planted, comes with a nice seat, has front and rear remote lockouts, a fish wire ready for the inevitable seat dropper which the RS spec doesn't get, my favorite style of matt/satin black paint mixed with gloss black, the tan sidewalls have really grown on me and make the bike stand out quite a bit.

This is my first Titan and certainly won't be my last one..

On 5/29/2022 at 4:31 PM, AllenH said:

Nothing wrong with Titan Racing Bikes.

I spent R30k of my hard earned cash on a brand new Cypher RS Dash and I couldn't be any happier. Mates with R50k and R70k bikes cannot do anything that I cannot do with my Cypher, we go on the same routes and enjoy the trails all the same.

The only things that aren't all that great are the lockout levers, and they're xfusion. The front works well, plastic but locks confidently. The rear is an aluminum one but doesn't stay locked for long... Small price to pay for a brand new bike at that price range.

Things that are great about it? Everything else... Despite only having 100mm travel (RS spec) can still do the little jumps and plough over rocks at Big Red Barn, it feels comfortable and planted, comes with a nice seat, has front and rear remote lockouts, a fish wire ready for the inevitable seat dropper which the RS spec doesn't get, my favorite style of matt/satin black paint mixed with gloss black, the tan sidewalls have really grown on me and make the bike stand out quite a bit.

This is my first Titan and certainly won't be my last one..

Thanks for the feedback. We will look into the rear lockout issues. 

On 5/6/2022 at 1:07 PM, Jewbacca said:

I guess that's it. Desirable? Niche? 

'Better' is none of these

Better = my bike snob friends won’t give me crap about my better value choice….

On 5/6/2022 at 2:56 PM, CtnSmith said:

Does anyone have any experience buying from The Bike Garage? I see this is where the titan is advertised.... and then what can one expect to pay to courier down to CTN? I've heard around R500?

Have a read through some of their reviews and you'll see a few that are more than a little concerning. The two bikes I've seen that friends bought were both terrible.