Overpricing…

OVERDRIVE

7 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Yes. And by other motorcycle brand standards Ducati has always been more of a heart over head decision. A few years ago a mate of mine priced an Ohlins WSBK spec fork for his superbike. Now bear in mind this is the same fork that WSBK privateers ran in their bikes at the time. It was the same price and a bog standard Fox 40 DH fork at the time.

I looked at what a suspension upgrade would cost for the Harley .... fork and shock upgrade = mid range MTB fork price..... shocking I know!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I looked at what a suspension upgrade would cost for the Harley .... fork and shock upgrade = mid range MTB fork price..... shocking I know!

Yep, I can get a suspension upgrade kit for the 1150GS for cheaper than a Fox 34

Hardley's also fall into the overpriced bracket too. Tassles cost a fortune you know

14 minutes ago, Hairy said:

tut tut tut......

okes in Durban seem to overprice everything on Bike Hub (must be something in the water) 😅

43 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Yes. And by other motorcycle brand standards Ducati has always been more of a heart over head decision. A few years ago a mate of mine priced an Ohlins WSBK spec fork for his superbike. Now bear in mind this is the same fork that WSBK privateers ran in their bikes at the time. It was the same price and a bog standard Fox 40 DH fork at the time.

and yet, we keep paying the prices asked. nothing will change. we'll keep getting reamed and he happy about it. a consumer boycott will the the way to go, but the pain will only get to the top once everyone has been hurt in turn... starting with consumers. but it's been like this since we crawled out the oceans

Brings us also back to the topic on insurance.  Just received my new schedule and my 2021 brand new vehicle priced way more than my Sworks is cheaper (by more than 50%) to insure.  When I questioned this (1st time I actually read this damn thing), they responded that they have referred it to management... Like really?!

There I though I was dealing with management 🤪

1 hour ago, 117 said:

Yep, I can get a suspension upgrade kit for the 1150GS for cheaper than a Fox 34

Hardley's also fall into the overpriced bracket too. Tassles cost a fortune you know

Hey hey hey .... tassels are NOT cheap, as they are individual works of art :P

How about SBS brake pads for a moto - R280. Easily 10 times the pad material as some MTB brakes, last many thousands of km but SRAM want R400 for theirs. 

33 minutes ago, _David_ said:

What makes you say that?

Well who is the group of people buying R200k+ SWorks and then not riding them?

On 8/16/2022 at 1:41 PM, Robbie Stewart said:

Can't speak to that, but I saw a clip posted last night of a chap going around to petrol stations with a measured 20lt can to buy diesel. He asks for 20lt, the pump jockey enters 20lt on the pump, then the can receives what amounts to about 17lt.

Then as I thought this can't be true, a neighbour on the street chat group posts that this precise thing happened to him at the local Total by me, and when he complained, they took the fuel back and refused for him to pay. . . telling him to go elsewhere ! ! ! 

WHAT!?!

We're being scammed at the pumps and it seems the fuel retailers know this . . .

Friend spoke about this this morning ....

He fills the same 10 liter container for his genny.  One garage manages to put 10,4 liters into it ....  

I suggested he report it to the franchisor, with slip, and ask for official feedback.

6 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

here's one with 175km on

What do you trade that in for? 

And the upscale in price more than the other one is probably due to OEM rubber