Van der Poel arrested in Oz

OVERDRIVE

20 hours ago, EddieV said:

Even though the news paper tried to keep the narrative going that Van der Poel was entirely at fault here, and probably deleted any comments that would suggest differently, one can see by the ratings on the individual “comments” that less than 10% of the readers agrees with the comments made.

Nothing to see here …

DailyMail_Comments_20220930.png

The whole thing is being blown out of proportion, if it was some unknown joe soap it would not be news or warrant a thread like this.

Just one thing, these girls knew what they were doing as they had already been warned by MvdP girlfriend to stop but still persisted, the girls even filmed themselves knocking on his door (sign of intelligence, not)

All we need now is for MVP to sue the parents for potential loss of a world title and related wealth

Edited by SwissVan

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

so what you're saying is that when someone asks you to stop and you don't, you continue to antagonize, you're saying that they have no right to get angry and fight back ever.....?

once is a prank,

twice is annoying

three times its antagonism

seriously.....?

Entitlement in Oz is as prevalent as it is in the UK, US, SA and, and ........

The issue is problem parents - not problem children. Getting my stripes regularly as a kid(1970's) did not turn me into a onderbroek donning menacing oom. Getting my gat set on fire every now and then, taught me valuable lessons in life.

Why is it always somebody else' s fault 🤬

I find it entertaining the way people focus on his sleeping attire. Like it was a premiditated choice of attire to persue the little ****s. Same type of Afrikaans tannies judging people for standing outside in frokkies while watching the house burn down.

Touching underage girls becoming physical.

would it have been different if it was boys. .  equal rights and all?

Makes the poor man sound like a pedofile.

He paid a fine and went back home. . .

what consequences did the girls get other than attention that they were clearly seeking the whole time.

21 hours ago, justinafrika said:

Mostdef.  A stranger uncle in his onderbroek has no right to angrily shove your or my pranking kids.  

its easy - if you don't bring your kids up right, then other people will have to show them how to behave properly

1 minute ago, PygaSchmyga said:

its easy - if you don't bring your kids up right, then other people will have to show them how to behave properly

It is was knock knock dude, not nailing dead animals to a tree. Let’s not go all woke.

Its easy, call hotel/team management and sort it.

Just now, Danger Dassie said:

It is was knock knock dude, not nailing dead animals to a tree. Let’s not go all woke.

Its easy, call hotel/team management and sort it.

fair enough, but there's a lot of whaling in this thread about "laying hands on children" creating this thinly veiled impression that it was a small hop and skip away from child molesting.  Bolloks - sounds like 2 obnoxious teenagers being @sshole brats, and the Daily Mail articles with their father calling for MVDP to be jailed confirm the general quality of the whole family group. 

1 hour ago, PygaSchmyga said:

Of course bruh.  Be sure to make that clear the next time you rage at someone else’s kid in your budgie smugglers...

🤣🤣😇 

I do know what you're getting at, my son was sent back to live with me in PE from CT when he got out of hand.  Just needed some calm guidance away from an angry situation.  Worked a treat, he’s an exceptional young tech developing pro and a properly considerate mensch.

Edited by justinafrika

So this from someone who has never warmed to MvdP’s personality but admires his abilities .

will never forget that Amstel Gold win of his 3 years ago.

so reassuring to see the many hubbers on this thread that can be counted on to ALWAYS take the right decision in difficult situations . Just wondering how many of those cool and calculated heads ever had the pressure of a whole cycling mad nation expecting them to win a gold medal the next day.

Yeah, I’m no angel.  Just ask the ex in-laws (out-laws now, I guess) on the other side of the Swartberg Mountain from you.  I’ve never been one to excuse tantrums or rage though, like certain tennis players smashing rackets or Owen Farrell angrily tossing his 2019 WC silver medal to the ground.

I have to add that some of my fave cycling adventures have been in your kontrei.  Number 1 is cycling solo to camp in the snow on the Swartberg peak on what turned out to be a cloudless, full-moon night.  Absolutely luuuurve your region.

46 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Yeah, I’m no angel.  Just ask the ex in-laws (out-laws now, I guess) on the other side of the Swartberg Mountain from you.  I’ve never been one to excuse tantrums or rage though, like certain tennis players smashing rackets or Owen Farrell angrily tossing his 2019 WC silver medal to the ground.

I have to add that some of my fave cycling adventures have been in your kontrei.  Number 1 is cycling solo to camp in the snow on the Swartberg peak on what turned out to be a cloudless, full-moon night.  Absolutely luuuurve your region.

dosage is key with edibles

20 minutes ago, PygaSchmyga said:

dosage is key with edibles

Hah!  Projection will catch you out every time….  Enjoy your edibles.  😂

On 9/30/2022 at 6:18 PM, ChrisF said:

Vicious circle ...

NO consequences for the kids actions ... so they keep pushing further and further ....

So what effective recource is left for the adults ??

An adult male chasing after young girls in his undies .... not his brightest moment !  At the very least ... put on some clothes.

We live in a cul.de.sac.  Few years back an 8 year old from a side road decided this was a nice spot to kick his soccer ball.  No issues.  He then started kicking it against my one week old garage doors !!!  I walked out and asked him not to kick it against the garage door .... twit kept on doing it while I was talking to him ....  I properly hosed him down !!!  He ran home dripping wet .... yes, his parents walked over immediately .... had I touched the brat it could have escalated.

hope you hosed the parents too!!

11 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Strangely .... they kept their distance ....😋

So their defence of the brats was all puffery…

clearly they were not too convinced the kids deserved to be defended