Tour de France 2024

'Dale

21 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

maybe more of a silent protest against the corruption of the Ladies road race selection

Oh definitely, that is most likely the "actual" reason for not riding. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Cav is the winningest sprinter .

Merckx is the winningest GC rider

different categories hence we have the green jersey and the yellow jersey.

Don't forget - Armstrong is the dopest TDF rider EVER 😂

6 minutes ago, tjommies3 said:

"Ha ha", says Jan Ulrich while turning......"I want a re-match for that title"

20 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

How many fun ride stages did Lance not officially win?

I was looking up exactly this stat last night. 

https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/lance-armstrong/1999 - 4 incl. the prologue

2000 - 1 only

2001 - 4 

2002 - 4, again

2003 - 2

2004 - 6, big haul. No other noteworthy results that year, interestingly.

2005 - 2

2009 - 1, but it was a TTT

2010 - 0

2011 - no participation

Grand total* - 24

Official grand total - 2. 1995 - stage 18, 1993 - stage 8. DNF for that Tour.

A number of these stage victories are time trials, no wonder his strongest rating is TT on PCS.

13 minutes ago, tjommies3 said:

Is he, though? I can't recall his official confession, but did he dope for all his GC wins?

Miguel Indurian wasn't an innocent boy either..

2 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

Is he, though? I can't recall his official confession, but did he dope for all his GC wins?

I doubt anyone that stood on the top step of the podium is actually clean. The current guys included, they are just masking it better. Micro doping being the name of the game at the moment. 

I have accepted it for what it is and it is not taking any joy away for me to watch these guys race their guts out. 

2 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

EVERYBODY form that era doped ................................. LA just happened to be the fastest of the lot 🤙

He also happens to be the only one that never tested positive ................... 

1 hour ago, Mook said:

EVERYBODY form that era doped ................................. LA just happened to be the fastest of the lot 🤙

He also happens to be the only one that never tested positive ................... 

he did, it was just covered up or paid off to file 13

1 hour ago, Mook said:

yip so they should just make the 1992 to 2009 era the EPO era and have the winners reinstated with a doping category. First non doped rider gets the yellow jersey, prize money and trophy with the dopers getting a CD next to their name ( Confirmed Doping). The winner of this category gets a glow in the dark jersey 

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

First non doped rider gets the yellow jersey, prize money and trophy

Christophe Bassons

Dudes & Dudettes

This thread is dedicated to the magic, thrill and fanfare of the Tour de France.

If you want to discuss, debate and explore doping, please open another thread as it is not relevant to the spirit of this thread. 

'Seblief. Be lekka.

For those in the know: Is there a reason that we don't see team time trials in die TdF any more? 

I have only been following with interest for the past couple of years, but remember I saw some in the TdF when I was a kid.

29 minutes ago, gerriemtb said:

For those in the know: Is there a reason that we don't see team time trials in die TdF any more? 

I have only been following with interest for the past couple of years, but remember I saw some in the TdF when I was a kid.

No major reason other than it was felt it had too much of an influence over the final outcome. Same reason they shortened individual time trials from 60+ km to <40km.

10 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

No major reason other than it was felt it had too much of an influence over the final outcome. Same reason they shortened individual time trials from 60+ km to <40km.

Thanks, @DieselnDust 
That is what I thought.

And yet the team is still integral in the performance of the team leader and has a big influence on the outcome. Kuss not being there this year comes to mind - not that I believe it would have changed the results - Pog was in a league of his own and Jonas performed excellently given the happenings of the year.

I would love to see a TTT in the TdF - it adds to the entertainment 🙂