Assaulted by fellow cyclist- Cradle 6 November

Ispeed_V

18 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

FEAR. 

sort of related. lots of people throw stompies out the car. This one started a fire, someone died and they even caught the oke. Madam Zille was mayor at the time so went hammer and tongs at this, He got off in the end but took a while (had to stay here on bail I see).

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL17685079

I expect if this guy is found it is not going to be sorry, handshakes, kiss and make up - hence why he is being protected. The people who are sitting on this information, probably reading this thread and doing nothing make me sick.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/14/2022 at 10:57 AM, Robbie Stewart said:

@Shebeen I don't believe in karma, but I subscribe to "you will reap what you sow".

This man will eventually run out of luck with a man who is 'paraat' and that day he is going to get what he deserves.

This i agree. Look at that guy who ran the other day Benoni i think Swart was his name. He got a "opgeskorte vonis". 

I stay near Rooiwal. Where Pretoria guys like to do a loop circuit here. And it's amazing how entitled Cyclists have become. Over the years. When I was young cyclists had to respect the rules of the road. Now they beat you up if you tell them to do this. Or swear at you. I hope the person gets caught. I would like to meat someone like this on the road. 

Personally, I'd be putting pressure on the authorities and your legal team to catch the perpetrator. I've asked before on this thread - if your efforts on social media flush him out, what are you going to do? You have to be so careful with your legal steps otherwise you stand a good chance of getting no result, or worse, a reciprocal case against you

You cant be upset at the person if he wishes to remain silent or hidden - most people would do the same

In that vein then, any news from the feds or your legal team on the case? 

SAPS, the days were you could appeal for updates or being more aggressive has looong gone, unless it goes viral unfortunately lately things generally only escalate when there is a racial attack or twitter goes bezerk about the flavor of the day, what ever that is on the day,,,then pooof that is OLD NEWS, the biggest issue is identification, half the cyclists look like different people without helmets and lycra

Had there been one cctv pic I would not even waste my time with SAPS I would 

take that info to the biggest private security in the area 

Best case scenario one of the "mates" who he bragged to comes forward,,but I wouldnt holb my breath

Sort soek Sort  

19 hours ago, DIPSLICK said:

SAPS, the days were you could appeal for updates or being more aggressive has looong gone, unless it goes viral unfortunately lately things generally only escalate when there is a racial attack or twitter goes bezerk about the flavor of the day, what ever that is on the day,,,then pooof that is OLD NEWS, the biggest issue is identification, half the cyclists look like different people without helmets and lycra

Had there been one cctv pic I would not even waste my time with SAPS I would 

take that info to the biggest private security in the area 

Best case scenario one of the "mates" who he bragged to comes forward,,but I wouldnt holb my breath

Sort soek Sort  

Off topic but still SAPS related.
Waiting on 2 police clearances done on the same day. One has been ready for more than a week, as about the other and just get told "you must wait", when asking how long "as long as it takes I suppose". 
No pride anymore. There was a day where no stone would be left unturned to find this guy. Now you have to pay for it in the private sector. Sad.

Lots of generalised hyperbole over SAPS, and yes, there serious issues across the board. It's also variably different with each station.
Mulderdrift and Honeydew are really under sourced, the case loads like many other stations number into hundreds for each detective. 
Generally private security is often a boon for SAPS as it bolsters their capability, especially if much of the ground work has been done by a PI. Although this also create a breeding ground for problems, the dodginess in the private security sector is just as corrupt as anything in SAPS, in some instances it creating a direct line for organised crime.

The truly committed in both the private sector and state/metro policing understand this and work with it. But the **** sandwich reality is this, while we all want to see this guy caught and get his due, which open cases of rape, murder and abuse should be set aside so as to prioritise this? 
It's sad all round, fkn tragic for too many. 

The only way to flush this Kant out is to attend some Mtb events. If you remember his face just follow him get his car reg.

you could make it really creepy for him but criminals have more rights in SA than law abiding citizens so I’d advise against that

9 minutes ago, 117 said:

Not everyone that cycles partakes in the walled garden... 

This is what i was thinking, as I'm resident overseas I contacted a few of my SA cycling buddies last week and none of them where aware of the incident until I sent them the link. Although I believe the OP has made use of various social media outlets as well. 

On 11/18/2022 at 4:18 PM, SwissVan said:

This is what i was thinking, as I'm resident overseas I contacted a few of my SA cycling buddies last week and none of them where aware of the incident until I sent them the link. Although I believe the OP has made use of various social media outlets as well. 

Been spread pretty widely in both social media and news channels. Not much more you can do to get the word out.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/gauteng/joburg-family-appeals-for-help-to-find-attacker-who-assaulted-cyclist-so-bad-he-required-plastic-surgery-3fbe6295-45a8-4f8f-919a-862714ed02a8

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2022-11-07-family-of-joburg-cyclist-seek-public-assistance-to-find-brutal-assault-suspect/

18 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Just curious, maybe I missed a post, Has a reward been offered?? 

I would club in for a photo and a name of the tough guy, someone in that group must want something in their christmas stocking, there must be pics of the group having a coffee/beer stop surely ?? Circle the boxer and give a name and collect the reward?? Anonymously send it into my/admin  in box ill forward it and confirm identity if it checks out ill give a reward????