• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

Now this is a Brand I can support !

Got this from Lyne Components

+1

So what constitutes a "good" Black Friday special ?

With most cycling outlets regularly having items on special.  Anything from 1% to 70% discount is all to common at some of the big stores.  Always wondered about those 1% specials ... 😋  yes, the big discounts are mostly for end of line items.  So the real specials typically vary between 10 and 30%.

Thus the question ... does "20% off on selected products" get you excited enough to want to log in at midnight .... 

14 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

With most cycling outlets regularly having items on special.  Anything from 1% to 70% discount is all to common at some of the big stores.  Always wondered about those 1% specials ... 😋  yes, the big discounts are mostly for end of line items.  So the real specials typically vary between 10 and 30%.

Thus the question ... does "20% off on selected products" get you excited enough to want to log in at midnight .... 

Nope, that discount does not warrant the effort. 

I have however bought quite a lot of motorbike gear from black friday, boots for half the price of the normal retail. 

Definitely recommended to do your homework before rushing to a special   

On 11/22/2022 at 8:25 AM, Darko said:

I remember the big guys like Cycle Lab & Easy Bike etc creating threads for riders wishlists and then making an effort to discount those items. 

I haven't seen any newsletters even this year.

Or maybe I'm just not paying attention?

Hey Darko. 

Check it out - https://forum.bikehub.co.za/topic/192953-easybike-black-friday-cyber-monday-–-25th-28th-of-november-2022/

😎

41 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

if your standard specials go up to 20% off, then your BF special needs to be 40% or more off to attract my attention

and you'd better not tell me 40% off and then show an inflated regular price

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

With most cycling outlets regularly having items on special.  Anything from 1% to 70% discount is all to common at some of the big stores. 

Most of those are off grossly overstated RRP, and designed to catch people who just don't do their homework.

But apparently it works.

6 minutes ago, droo said:

Most of those are off grossly overstated RRP, and designed to catch people who just don't do their homework.

But apparently it works.

I am looking for a specific item ... have been for a while.  So I know what SportsmansWarehouse charge, waiting for the loyalty points sales.  I also know what the regular bike shops charge ....

Going to be "fun" watching the RRP and final prices ...😋