What does the bicycle look like that represents cycling in 2023?

Fork-it

This is not to be taken too seriously.

My daughter (11) is doing a history assignment for school. In brief, she needs to choose a particular object and show in pictures how it looked like years ago (in history) and how it has developed to what it currently looks like. Quite wisely, she chose the bicycle and asked me to assist with printing a few images.

My question is - in your opinion, what does the bicycle look like that represents a 2023 (current) version of the bicycle?

a VERY good reference for how little (or much) things have changed is the 19th century designs on Bicycle Playing cards.

joker wasn't so aero on his fixie, but it does have a double diamond frame.

Image result for cards joker on bicycle | Joker playing card, Bicycle  playing cards, Joker card

Start with velocipede through to penny farthing to european steel frame to Giant TCR.

after that you go into marginal gains

If you want to portray aero TT bikes you have a more interesting project

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Start with velocipede through to penny farthing to european steel frame to Giant TCR.

after that you go into marginal gains

If you want to portray aero TT bikes you have a more interesting project

Fortunately she only has to do a 'then and now' comparison. Would have been very interesting to do a 'through the years' project.

4 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Love the images of the penny-farthing! Thank you!

The Trek on the other hand is a beast!

A flyer here, but an e-bike would be the trick to go with. Modern, tech advanced, great gains in design and strength of the components, efficient gains on the propulsion systems too. 

A good looker (in my book) in this case is the Trek E-xe 

If its a roadie, a number of the Canyon's blur my view 🥰 and if its a mtb, then a Spez Epic evo fills that gap for me (because they just look the part - not going on actual performance)

Just now, 117 said:

A flyer here, but an e-bike would be the trick to go with. Modern, tech advanced, great gains in design and strength of the components, efficient gains on the propulsion systems too. 

A good looker (in my book) in this case is the Trek E-xe 

If its a roadie, a number of the Canyon's blur my view 🥰 and if its a mtb, then a Spez Epic evo fills that gap for me (because they just look the part - not going on actual performance)

Project is for bicycle comparison not mopeds

7 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Project is for bicycle comparison not mopeds

Well technically they did start off without a pedal system and ended up with an electric motor, so I guess its from balance frames to mopeds then. The stuff in between those we call bicycles I guess? 

3 minutes ago, 117 said:

Well technically they did start off without a pedal system and ended up with an electric motor, so I guess its from balance frames to mopeds then. The stuff in between those we call bicycles I guess? 

they had smokey two strokes motors too and still do when you want to pay a reasonable amount of money for a moped

3 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Google is your friend.

Bicycle Evolution - numerous comparative pics

Thanks!