Really, No Epic 2023 Thread?

BMCfan

2 minutes ago, Rudi Pollard said:

This is set up for some furious racing in the coming few days. 

I don’t expect Scott SRAM to keep yellow. One of the is seriously cooked. They bled 2min 24 to TS91

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

image.png.339bcc30f714f4195c6e4fab5e052a05.png

Sho still 5+mins behind for Spez despite 3 stages wins including 2 since the day Blevins was in the hurtbox, I thought they only lost 5 mins then 😕

39 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I don’t expect Scott SRAM to keep yellow. One of the is seriously cooked. They bled 2min 24 to TS91

Tomorrow stage incl Groenlandberg & Gantouw passes is going to be fireworks...

I too cant see Scott holding on to yellow beyond tomorrow. Can Spez take another bite on SC? Im hoping another team (properly only Pirelli the other team in this race) has a stormer and throws a spanner in the works

4 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Sho still 5+mins behind for Spez despite 3 stages wins including 2 since the day Blevins was in the hurtbox, I thought they only lost 5 mins then 😕

Where did that Italian roadie go?

1 minute ago, babse said:

Tomorrow stage incl Groenlandberg & Gantouw passes is going to be fireworks...

I too cant see Scott holding on to yellow beyond tomorrow. Can Spez take another bite on SC? Im hoping another team (properly only Pirelli the other team in this race) has a stormer and throws a spanner in the works

Couldn't agree more. Epic is becoming predictable with Spez always winning and dominating everyone. Guess that's why their bikes are so damn expensive. 🙄.  Would like to see some other teams also fighting it out...

Just now, Lexx said:

Couldn't agree more. Epic is becoming predictable with Spez always winning and dominating everyone. Guess that's why their bikes are so damn expensive. 🙄.  Would like to see some other teams also fighting it out...

You realise they are 3rd in the mens and 2nd in the ladies currently?

Spez have dominated the ladies winners medal for a long time now, sure someone has worked out when last they didn't win it. The shallow depth of the ladies field is way more concerning for me. Equal prize money and own start group doesn't seem to have attracted the top riders to this race anymore.

Looking at numbers, the 4th place ladies team is an hour 1:37 back. The 26th mens team is that far off, way out of the prize money.

Relatively this is 8.5% off the pace, the equivalent mens team that far down is 21st spot.

13 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Think tomorrow's stage will be the one that decides it.

Depends. If someone gets a 10 min buffer on GC, only then I could agree with you. 

5 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

You realise they are 3rd in the mens and 2nd in the ladies currently?

Spez have dominated the ladies winners medal for a long time now, sure someone has worked out when last they didn't win it. The shallow depth of the ladies field is way more concerning for me. Equal prize money and own start group doesn't seem to have attracted the top riders to this race anymore.

Looking at numbers, the 4th place ladies team is an hour 1:37 back. The 26th mens team is that far off, way out of the prize money.

Relatively this is 8.5% off the pace, the equivalent mens team that far down is 21st spot.

The ladies field is affected by the cape epics XCM status which means no points or very little points toward the XCO points table. 
It’s no longer of value to the ladies XCO teams due to high cost of travel and acclimation for two weeks vs zero points 

23 hours ago, Lexx said:

If I ever got a chance to do the epic, I would rather book airbnb places in the towns where we start. Because paying over R100k for racing 1 day and then quiting because of a stomach bug sucks.

I pulled out of my main race of the year last year with a stomach virus. Thankfully having multiple courses of antiboitics and still 7 weeks of the trots backed up that I made the right decision. But boy am I a lot more pedantic about treating water now.

19 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

It sounds to me like the only way to complete a comrades is whilst stoned. :) 

Running high is becoming quite a big thing in a few ultra sports. 100mile trail runners have been up to it for a while. I know a few adventure racers as well. Seems like marijuana edibles are the secret weapon.

https://www.outsideonline.com/health/running/how-run-stoned/

4 hours ago, Shebeen said:

drips can really change lives. Now you see these drip bars popping up all over the place and you realise how much doping you can do for hangovers...

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

So Zeee Germans made up 2:01 today.

Gotta love their hunger to win.  None of this pc nonsense ...

And then I see our flag on Matt's back ...  GO gooo !!!

No matter who actually wins.  These racers are putting up an excellent show for us.

Oh yeah! Glad no one is running away with it. Keeping me glued all the way. Poor Andri gonna have nightmares tonight of whats coming...Speed company with mr momentum at their back. That said...Go team Beers!!

So glad Amy is holding up so well and looking to be able to defend the jersey. Tuff as nails!