Video: Testing with John Wakefield, Science to Sport.

2 hours ago, gerriemtb said:

I found this video made by tristantakevideo very informative. It is amazing the amount of detail that goes into training. Also very interesting to see how the science evolves over time.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, mr. @J Wakefield

https://youtu.be/q_bqFN_bf54

It's a pleasure, but essentially its all Tristan so kudos to him.

If you learnt 1 thing or simply enjoyed it then it was worth it. 

7 hours ago, babse said:

Can I come record? 

Please don’t 🤣 Last time (only time) I did a ramp test on an IDT it gave me a result 40w under what an outdoor 20mins test gives me, not nervous at all 🤣🤣

18 hours ago, W@nted said:

Those are wild numbers for an amateur. Cycling really has become a science👌🏻

Yeah those are impressive numbers for fairly light rider.

I died at 14 odd mins with Ben and Reece shouting trying to get every last second out of me. 

17 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Keen to hear more about the SA pro who had "average" numbers but won big races... 

I need something to keep me motivated with my average numbers. Hahaha

One can gooi the power, however, comfort and durability while gooi-ing those watts is key.

The pressure mapping I’ve also had done with @science2sport has helped tons with my early 2022 updated fit.

So many amateur cyclists avoid this important yet crucial investment in their comfort and durability. 

Here’s another cool video by the quirky @tristantakevideo

Edited by 'Dale

8 hours ago, 'Dale said:

One can gooi the power, however, comfort and durability while gooi-ing those watts is key.

The pressure mapping I’ve also had done with @science2sport has helped tons with my early 2022 updated fit.

So many amateur cyclists avoid this important yet crucial investment in their comfort and durability. 

Big 'numbers' are all good and well but personally I think that besides comfort (critical as you say) one also needs the mental aptitude and 'vasbyt' to use them!

I could of course be totally wrong but it's what I've observed over the years 😜

On 4/30/2023 at 11:51 PM, J Wakefield said:

Great video. Thanks. Do you also do testing for running at your Girona facility?

21 hours ago, babse said:

Yeah those are impressive numbers for fairly light rider.

I died at 14 odd mins with Ben and Reece shouting trying to get every last second out of me. 

After 14mins I was already showered, dressed and in the elevator on my way back down to the car.

10 hours ago, 'Dale said:

I enjoyed this video, Also the 1 where he joins the Pro Conti team for a whole week Pre-season. The behind the scenes footage is always cool to watch.

• 7 months later...