• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a slow cruise into Bournemouth city centre this morning.

What a beautiful little seaside town.

This is the park, bang in the middle of town... Packed already.Must say, when the sun shines, the Brits do make the most of it... :D

post-6252-0-86212100-1470296152_thumb.jpg

So nice to see people doing as they should and disposing of litter in the bins provided. (which just so happen to be solar powered compactors.)

Pretty weird. 

post-6252-0-01848900-1470296248_thumb.jpg

post-6252-0-31147700-1470296250_thumb.jpg

Edited by StevieL

Decided to the blue loop b added to the green route today. It's R&R's fault ..

It's got some steep rocky climbs that hurts the lungs as much as the legs. Need to do more often, oh and change that 34 chainring on the front For that loop

Also met Nsbb and his son going for a ride on the green course. Super friendly guy was a pleasure

Thaba will always humble you !

Hey good finally meeting you mate! At least I'll recognise you now if we happen to be there at the same time :)

Had a slow cruise into Bournemouth city centre this morning.

What a beautiful little seaside town.

This is the park, bang in the middle of town... Packed already.Must say, when the sun shines, the Brits do make the most of it... :D

attachicon.gifbournemouth3.jpg

So nice to see people doing as they should and disposing of litter in the bins provided. (which just so happen to be solar powered compactors.)

Pretty weird.

attachicon.gifbournemouth2.jpg

attachicon.gifbournemouth1.jpg

These solar goodies would have been in a shack long time ago working as a cell phone charger or something. [emoji102]

So other than the park with the solar compactor jobbies, i see all of these ur'e-a-peein villiages, and roads and other scenery, completely void of ur'e-a-peens. Is that place sparsely populated or do peeps just not go outside?

Or is it like a movie set, making it look nice for the tourists.. But it's in reality crappy, and dingy?

So other than the park with the solar compactor jobbies, i see all of these ur'e-a-peein villiages, and roads and other scenery, completely void of ur'e-a-peens. Is that place sparsely populated or do peeps just not go outside?

Or is it like a movie set, making it look nice for the tourists.. But it's in reality crappy, and dingy?

The area where I've been riding is deep in rural France and the population has been declining since WWII through urban migration as little employment in agriculture as it gets more mechanised.  So sparse and ageing population but people who care so things are maintained and very low crime rates plus people like me coming in and buying an restoring old properties as holiday homes.

Very variable elsewhere in Europe, its not short of nasty industrialised and poverty stricken bits elsewhere.

The area where I've been riding is deep in rural France and the population has been declining since WWII through urban migration as little employment in agriculture as it gets more mechanised.  So sparse and ageing population but people who care so things are maintained and very low crime rates plus people like me coming in and buying an restoring old properties as holiday homes.

Very variable elsewhere in Europe, its not short of nasty industrialised and poverty stricken bits elsewhere.

LOVE old villages like that. So much character and charm. And best of all - QUIET!!!

Could very happily live somewhere like that, even if it meant getting in the car and driving 50km to the nearest shop. 

Exploring 60 odd km of mtb routes in a French national park utilising horse and hiking paths, part of the national mtb network but saw 1 horse and 3 hikers and no bike spoor. Crazy quiet given this is peak European holiday season. No strava segments apart from some short tar links, will have to do some segment creation and finally score some KOM's!

post-41145-0-19504600-1470406437_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-82012200-1470406439_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-55220200-1470406441_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-54495500-1470406443_thumb.jpg

LOVE old villages like that. So much character and charm. And best of all - QUIET!!!

Could very happily live somewhere like that, even if it meant getting in the car and driving 50km to the nearest shop. 

Yeah its a great recharge for the soul after dealing with the daily insanity of RSA, gives perspective and a sense of history and place again and a reminder that riding in fear is NOT normal