Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Good spot to have some coffee and watch all the movement in the bay.Divers & fishermen getting ready to go to sea,kiddies fishing. Great memorial

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you do if you always choose the road less traveled........and you come to a fork like this one.......difficult to decide.......GREAT ! (Somewhere in the Karoo)

Fantastic!

Our first Fine Breede MTB event.  And WHAT a day !

Going over Du Toits, looking back over Paarl -

post-110956-0-74076900-1523115322_thumb.jpg

Most beautiful sunrise.....  

post-110956-0-65449000-1523115345_thumb.jpg

Nice slow drive to the venue.  Enough time to register, and to deal with the long line of people getting their 2018 RaceTec boards .... 

Time to get ready for the ride .... As I ride from the car to the starting point there is this most awful grinding noise .... Oooo, the large RaceTec board is rubbing against my cables .... need to reposition it .... quickly back to the car, need to remove the cable ties .... uhm, quickly grab the Leatherman ....

NO, NEVER "quickly" do anything with a knife !!!    :eek:

Nick the hydraulic hose in the process !!  Ride over even before it started .....  :oops:   :cursing:

I take the bike to the make shift workshop at the venue .... obviously they dont have hydraulic hoses there.  No sweat, "stuff" happens .... back to the car ..... I decide to drive to Worcester and see if the local bike shops can assist.  Third shop, King Cycles, is my new HERO !  They have the parts to make up a new hose, and get to work, but it will take an hour .... NO, I wont rush a break hose job !!  :thumbup:

We leave the bike there and go have a nice cup of coffee at Q-square - true gem !  Worth a visit if you are in the area !! 

We pick up the bike and I decide to drive back to the venue .... even if I only take a short ride through the farm that will be better than just going home ....  I start the route 2 and a half hours late !  :whistling:

Slight uphill, and bit of breeze from the front.... but I tick of the kilos, and soon reach the point where the 18, 30 and 60km routes split.  I take the 18km route and realise there is not shortcut back, I am now doing the full 18km route, with such a huge late start.  I drop my shoulders and get going ....  Cudos to the organisers - the route markings were brilliant !!  Wierd doing 15km all on your own !!  No other riders, no marchalls, nobody !!  The next person I saw was where the three routes combined again, 3km from the end   First time I do 18km without a single stop, no rest, no letting up, just keeping my heart rate steady and the cadence as high as possible .... 59 minutes and 56 seconds of riding time to complete the 18km.  A new personal best for me.  :clap:

post-110956-0-10482700-1523116302_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-56007000-1523116325_thumb.jpg

I had to crack a smile though .... See my heart rate towards the end, as I am pushing myself to get back in under an hour !!  Grunting and groaning and giving it my best .... while a high school kid finishing the 30km run just idles past me ....  :blink:   :eek:  Ooo, and the winner of the 18km route was an 11 year old kid - klein donnertjie kan bly wees ek het so laat begin  :devil:

Did a 75 km ride around lake Starnberg this easter weekend.  Weather is improving rapidly this side of the planet.

Weather has definitely improved this weekend, still a bit cool in the morning though...

After 15 years we found a new route up the local hausberg... 

post-182-0-08865800-1523126621_thumb.png

post-182-0-12469400-1523126630_thumb.png

Wind chill in NY looks ow!

Was there one May and had to buy a few extra layers.

Always a cool city to visit.