• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather has played havoc with the local off road rides, almost everyone goes across that bridge to get to the better bits ... still not really rideable, you could klap 'n toon through some mud and go though. 

The other options all need loads of tar and it seems it'll rain again soon so it'll be a while still I guess 🙄

20220421_092257.jpg

20220421_094640.jpg

Interesting day ....

Work took me to Kleinmond.

I have previously managed to do a quick lap of the Hermanus trails before this site .... late winter sunrise and an earlier inspection stopped that today.

The inspection dragged out .... so no time for a cycle afterwards .... bike in the vehicle just in case ... 

Coming back via Rooi Els I saw two touring cyclists, looked like they had a mechanical.  I stopped.  Turns out it was two young ladies cycling from Durbanville to Hermanus on touring bikes, with their luggage baggs.

On my way to the Dirty Jutland. A 210km gravel race to Skagen, the northern most point of Denmark. 

Skagen has  been on my to do list now for a while so what better way to see it  than to ride there?

20220422_110835.jpg

On 4/18/2022 at 8:26 PM, Me rida my bicycle said:

Always fun riding something I have not before and if the weather is as good as it was today it just puts a cherry on top. 

IMG-20220418-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20220418-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20220418-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20220418-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20220418-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20220418-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20220418-WA0018.jpg

Looks like Somerbosch Winery  and the Winelands trails. We are heading back down that way after our two week stint in JHB.

I went home.

I cut my early morning ride short as I was clipped from behind by a car as I was turning right at a 4 way stop street. Driver claimed that the brakes failed.

Some bruises and a sore thumb from the handlebars whiplashing backwards. Bike looks okay.

Not looking forward to trying to get out of bed tomorrow morning 

19 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Interesting day ....

Work took me to Kleinmond.

I have previously managed to do a quick lap of the Hermanus trails before this site .... late winter sunrise and an earlier inspection stopped that today.

The inspection dragged out .... so no time for a cycle afterwards .... bike in the vehicle just in case ... 

Coming back via Rooi Els I saw two touring cyclists, looked like they had a mechanical.  I stopped.  Turns out it was two young ladies cycling from Durbanville to Hermanus on touring bikes, with their luggage baggs.

Driving through Kleinmond last weekend I thought I saw signs indicating a mtb trail... Does anyone know if there one?

14 minutes ago, Stoffel76 said:

Driving through Kleinmond last weekend I thought I saw signs indicating a mtb trail... Does anyone know if there one?

Would also like some details.

Alternatively I want to try out the new MTB trails at Honingklip, between Arabella and Bot Rivier.

On 4/20/2022 at 10:00 AM, 'Dale said:

It’s impossible to be unhappy while riding a bicycle. 

E781AB3B-A31E-4EF4-A24C-93A6728FB440.jpeg

Nice shirt 👌