• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, TheoG said:

That look very close.  I have the exact same Extreme Lights :).  Always put mine same position just above the down tube and not below.

Yip, use to do that as well, but like the cleaner looking at it from the saddle.  Cannot see the battery - haha - also check the light is upside down i.e. under the handlebar.  With the remote switch it works well, and my handlebar looks clean... Weird, I know...

My 50/50 ride (50% tar, 50% dirt), Hout Bay, Ou Wa Pad, Tokai, C’Nek and the Hout Bay ‘trail’ back home…

WARNING;

there are some BIG wash-aways on Ou Wa Pad, 2 in particular, the one pictured has a sneak on the right - going UP hill, the other higher up (not shown here) takes up 95% of the width of the track, is close to a corner, and is a REAL danger to anyone bombing down… take care!

Then, this small-car sized boulder made a nice snack-stop, smack bang in the middle o Level 5 trail from Silvermine into Tokai. I have never seen as many trees down, and a fair bit of wash-always. My chosen track was closed off with warning tape, so I took another - saw just one rider in Tokai; a fast downhill-junkie - nice!
Chris

20230623_142257.jpeg

20230623_144814.jpeg

Edited by Zebra
Spelling

34 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Helshoogte Pass, 4.6 kms at 5.1% from Stellenbosch side

Is it safe to ride on your own these days ?
There was a time where that wasn't recommended (let alone ride up the old pass)